Anterior And posterior repaire

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've just found out that I'm having a posterior and anterior repaire. Told I was just having a posterior repair but after going for my pre assessment today, I have now been informed and they are performing both at the same time. Silly question but I know what the posterior is but what is the anterior and how long would I expect to spend in hospital and recovering.

any advice is much appreciated

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jools  Anterior is the front - bladder.  I had both repairs Posterior/Anterior and perineum on 27th Oct 2014 - i'm now 21 weeks post op.  Where are you from.  I'm from the UK and the recommended time was between 1-3 nights.  I was due to be discharged the next day following surgery but because i was retaining too much urine after post op catheter removed. They suggested i should have another catheter re-inserted to allow healing and less strain on bladder but i asked if i could have longer to see if i could pass more urine.  Sadly i ended up having to have the re-inserted catheter for another 2 weeks.  Jools after op take good care of yourself, no lifting, lugging, lots of rest and fluids and a good diet.  Keep your bowels opened (i used a prescribed laxative for 8 weeks).  It's all so important to take good care for i would say in hindsight the first 12 weeks, even though on week 7 1/2 i had the all clear from consultant that i was healed (upon his examination) and could resume, hoovering, driving and having sex   Still not had the latter as too sacred.  I started driving after 10 weeks and my husband usually does a once through hoover each week.  I'm doing all other chores now.  I was in a lot of pain for 8 weeks post op.  A week after i'd been discharged by consultant was Christmas (plus i felt so good), i did quite a bit of standing, preparing meals and cooking, maybe lifted a few things heavier that i should have.  However my caution is i felt different after Christmas and can feel a bulge when standing and at other times and am due to see a gynaecologist on the 29th April.  This may all be co-incidental but just take care.  I hope you have lots of help.  Wishing you the very best with your op. 
    • Posted

hi maureen, thank you for your advice, everyone has been so helpful. Am so glad I found this site. Hope all goes well for you on the 29th xx
  • Posted

Hi, I had both done 7 weeks ago today and was in hospital fir two full days.  Expect a longer than you might think recovery, with a lot if help doing normal things.  I used an ice pack to help with pain and stinging when I got home and ground that to be so helpful.  This is major surgery that will require patience to heal.  I wish you all the best, please let us know when your date is so that you know you are not alone!
    • Posted

hi barb, I'm due in on the 13th April. Just trying to find out more details as sometimes you forget to ask questions when your there, thank you for your advice xx
  • Posted

Hi I am 2 week's post op for anteria and pisteria plus TVT fitted and I was in hospital for 2 days have to take things easy for 12-14 weeks. Hope all goes well for you x
    • Posted

hi cheriie, thanks for the advice. Could I just ask, does it matter if your due or are having a period? Nobody has asked me anything regarding this so I'm unsure what to do. I don't want to get to the hospital for my op and be told to go home because I'm on a period.

xx

• Posted

Hi sorry I don't know about this as I had a hysterectomy 17 years ago, I would phone your doctors secretary if you haven't had your pre op yet ask then xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.