Anterior cystocele repair 9 weeks on

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, feeling very low today. 9 weeks ago had anterior cystocele repair and seemed to be doing ok. Then I had bv followed by urine infection at about 6 weeks. Been feeling really poorly last few days and took urine sample to surgery this morning for them to send to lab. I feel so sick all the time and in pain when I wee. Dr just phoned me to say they tested at surgery before sending to lab and infection is back. She has prescribed more antibiotics and lab result will be 3 days. I feel so low, I have been crying with it all. Any words of advice to give me a pick me up from anyone would be so appreciated. Sorry for going on!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi May, sorry you're feeling so down at the moment. I'm 6wks post op from rectocele repair & still need painkillers...wondering when it's all going to end! Lets hope this next lot of ab's sorts your problem out eh? Keep your chin up May, I'm sure the lovely ladies on here will support you & give you some advice. You take care x

• Posted

Oh May I'm really sorry you are feeling so poorly, it seems very unfair that you keep getting these infections. I really hope the antibiotics soon work & make you feel much better. I'm 6 weeks post op now but still get very tired so am still resting a lot & I'm fed up with it all. I'm still not driving or doing very much at all. Have given up any thoughts of going away on holiday - I don't like being far from home (or my own loo!!) Please keep your chin up - things WILL get better I'm sure. Sending you hugs & positive vibes. Carol xx 

• Posted

Hi Carolmaria, thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it. I seem to take a step forward and 2 back! Just wanting to feel back to normal I suppose and that seems a long way off. Also realising that things I love to do like gardening etc, I won't ever be able to do to the same extent because of the life limit on weight restriction. Hope you are feeling better and still resting!! Once again thank you for your encouragement May xx

• Posted

May - I know exactly how you are feeling -- I'm having a really bad day too , I'm convinced that something isn't feeling right , whether it be infection or prolapse back , fed up with taking tablets ,using cream and not being able to do the things I want to .

I'm hoping this is just a blip for us both and you and I will be fighting for in a few months time xx

• Posted

It takes a long time to recover. I had my op last November and still feel that I am not completely right. I also had urine infections and several courses of antibiotics and then the surgeon prescribed me some hormonal cream to use as he said it would prevent the dryness that makes it more likely to develop urine infections and this has helped a lot so maybe you could get it too. I hope you start to feel a lot better
  • Posted

Hi May. How are you feeling now? Do hope you're improving. I'm having a rubbish day today (7 weeks post op) - I feel sick, got a thumping head, feel very tearful & EXTREMELY fed up with it all!! I keep thinking I should be feeling better than this by now. I've done everything I was told to, but still the extreme tiredness persists. It really is gutty. Sorry to ramble but I know you & all the lovely ladies on this forum are the only ones who really understand.  I even find my dear hubby shows signs of exasperation occasionally as he wants us to get back to a normal life. He's been so good, but men can't possibly understand the emotional effect this op causes. Take care. Best wishes Carol xx

• Posted

Hi Carolmaria, sorry for the delay in reply. Feeling a bit better, off antibiotics which it seems were making me feel so nauseous. Can totally relate to the tearful and extremely fed up way you are feeling. I thought I had prepared myself for this op, but I don't think I had. It doesn't seem to take a lot to make me cry, I think frustration plays a part. Just been in the garden and was thinking that something needed to go into greenhouse for winter and spent a couple of minutes deciding how heavy I thought the plastic pot was! Decided against touching it, and came back inside. Not a big deal I know but I seem to spend a lot of time " weighing" things up and then walking away as I decide not to risk it!! Hope we are all feeling better soon. My hubby has been great too, but I really do feel like a nuisance, he says I'm not but you know how it feels. I have always been so independent around the house. Thinking of you and wishing you well, May x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.