Anterior repair in 1 week

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ladies, had most of you will know I have my repair with stitches

Week on Monday. I'm not comfortable taking any painkillers other

Than paracetamol and that's s push.I've never needed NY painkillers

Much in my life,which is a good thing, but I was wondering if the pain

Be easily controlled with paracetamol? I can't stomach anything else.

Any other advice ladies would be great ad I'm starting to think what's

Ahead. I want it here now o I can get back to normal.thankyou to all

The lovely friends I've made on here.😘😘😘😘

0 likes, 63 replies

Report / Delete

63 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi welshgirl - we all have such differing level of pain threshold that the right amount of pain relief for one person could be completely wrong for another. But I will share with you my experience whichnmight help. At my pre op meeting the nurse said to me that the ladies that makes the most of the pain relief in the early stages are the Β ones that she had seen recover quicker and better. So with that in mind whilst I was in the hospital I took everything going - the nursing staff in my ward were fantastic and kept reminding me not to be in pain at any time and even if it was before my next set of painkiller were due to let them know if I was uncomfortable as there was always some thing they could give me to help. Β When I got home for the first couple of days I took my painkiller every 4 hours regardless of how I felt. However I soon realised they made me think was capable of doing more than I actually should and so cut them back to when I feel I need them as being in a bit if discomfort ( but not pain) would be a reminder that I was perhaps overdoing it a bit. I think it will be a bit of trail and error as to what works for you but my advance is especially the first few days after the eon don't try to be a hero - it could hamper your recovery

good luck x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi welshgirl I was sent home with codeine and ibuprofen, paracetamol. I didn't like taking them and after 4 days cut them all out. I was fine, no pain but of course everyone is different. If I'd have been in pain I'd have tried out the least possible to ease the pain X not long now lovely all be over with xxxx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Ahh thanks sweetheart.. I'll stick to the paracetamol, but if I remember when I had

Gallbladder removed I didn't take any pain relieve when I got home.

But of course I will hoiw if I need it.xxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

In hospital I was given codeine but they make u so constipated as soon as I was out I just used paracetamol as I also hate taking pills , paracetamol was enough pain relief n only used them for a day or 2 xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I doubt paracetamol will help your pain but I did respond to you only the other day about the analgesic suppositories you can be given which won't affect your stomach.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Remember everyone is different and we all have different pain levels so one patient could be fine taking paracetamol after the first day others need something stronger. You won't know until you experience it yourself x
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up