Antibiotics prescribed for tooth fixed GI issue???

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I have had a long history of flat, loose or mucusy stools. A doctor said it's probably just IBS and since there was no blood in my stool he wasn't concerned.

A few weeks ago I has some serious diarrhea that was pure.mucus and a strange tightness in my stomach so I scheduled another appointment with my doctor next month.

Anyhow I had some dental work done last week and was given antibiotics to treat an abscess.

Now, my stomach pain and other issues have vanished. My stoos are huge and well formed. Something I haven't had in a long, long time. Also the tightness in my stomach is completely gone. Also, no more undigested foods in my stool that happened very frequently.

Could the antibiotics I was given somehow address a stomach issue my doctor wasn't aware of?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi robert20724

Obviously this is the case. You may have had a stomach bacteria..did your doc do any blood tests for gut bacteria..the most common being HPylori...i am pleased you now are cured of your problem. discuss it with your doc next scheduled visit..my very best wishes to you robert20724...

• Posted

By any chance were the antibiotics one of either, Amoxicillin or Clarithromycin? These are part of the triple treatment used on Hpylori

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.