Anticipatory anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm having anticipatory anxiety today, I have migraine associated vertigo and it causes dizziness when moving and bending forward. I have to clean today for a dinner party tonight I have to vacuum and mop and that's when my dizziness gets bad I can't stop thinking about it. I'm sitting here my hands are shaking and I'm just afraid. I know if I take a Xanax it'll feel better but I don't want to have to live on them. How does anyone do this?

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

When there is a big occasion and a lot to do all h-ll breaks loose with anxiety. I have found that to be my reality at times anyway. Id go for the xanax when it comes to this situation. You got a lot to do and no time for the anxiety and its evil ways. Its not living on them..its as needed. This would be  one of those "needed" situations. I hope your dinner party goes well and ou find the time to enjoy yourself as well. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I used to have this quite ofter you just have to ride it out

Obviously you are stressed and it is making it worse

Take it easy and control your breathing

Have a good night

Lil

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yep, go for the xanax. Just because you know it will help. If you're sensible enough to realise that you don't automatically take it when things are rough, you're unlikely to find yourself living on them!   Love Tess
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up