12 Replies

• Posted

Yes, like 20 of them and they all gave me side effects.  Only Valium has helped without side effects bceause mY main problem is medical anxiety which they report is GAD. 
    • Posted

That's what I'm scared of as I already have symptoms with Anxiety do t want anymore with meds!
  • Posted

Hey Lucy,

I've had GAD for about 5 months before I went to a therapist and she recommended Cipralex for a period of 3months.

To take the edge off in the first week, as it can increase anxiety, she gave half a pill of Lexatonil (I think that's the name).

I didn't feel any effect until 3 weeks laters, some people till 4. The full effect is not until 3 months.

Having said that, I truly truly recommend taking Anti depressants. They really help, give them time and the symptoms you have will disappear gradually.

After 1 month and 3 weeks, I can say my symptoms subsided incredibly. I'm going out, having fun all the time.

I still get anxiety symptoms when I'm alone, but not compared to before starting on Cipralex.

Let me know if you need any help'!!! smile

• Posted

The trouble I have is that I cannot swallow tablets so I'll have to get it in liquid form! 
    • Posted

Well what you can do is, cut the pills into really small pieces and eat them with a spoon. My brother does that all the time.

You can also put these small pieces into a cup of water and drink the cup.

Would that work for ya?

• Posted

That's why the Therapist will probably give you something like Lexotanil, something to make you calm for the first week.

Trust me, you would not feel a worse at allthe first week, even better.

• Posted

When I had to take antibiotics I had to crush the pills, even cutting them into pieces didn't work sad
    • Posted

That's fine, taking them would not be a problem at all.

Trust me, go consult a good therapist (preferably a woman, I saw that they're more willing to listen) and get back to your old self.

Cheer Lucy! It will all go away faster than it came along!!

I'm here if you need help

• Posted

I actually went to the doctor for help with my eating disorder. And she mentioned anti depressants. For my depression too. But then she wasn't sure invade I gained weight whilst doing my treatment. But I have an appointment to talk to her about my blood tests, so I'll ask her then smile
    • Posted

Well some people do gain weight with meds, didn't happen to me though. Everyone is different I guess.

But yeah, please do talk to her. And I wish all the best for you :D

Will be here whenever you have questions about Anti depressants m.

• Posted

Nop, I take mine at night before bed and just go about sleeping. And I literally sleep like a baby.

I guess the side effect is that it makes me sleepy and drowsy, but at night that helps so much!

In ghe morning I have none.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.