Antidepressants

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I’m new here I have suffered depression my whole life and was diagnosed with bipolar 1 and anxiety when I was 37 after being gaoled for trying to kill myself. I lost my dad who raised me on his own 8 months ago. I have no siblings my depression gets worse everyday my doc just changed my antidepressants from Avanza 75 mg daily to pristiq which I’ve never heard of I also take 300 mg of Seroquel XR daily for anxiety. I’m wondering if this Pristiq is any good please? Is there anyone else out there on it thanks in advance for any replies. 

1 like, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dark Passenger - Condolences on the loss of your father. I have used 3 of the meds you have listed. After being on Effexor with dire results, I was changed to Pristiq, which i found very different and effective. Seroquel was also prescribed at one stage, but was used to band-aid a dangerous situation authorities would not address - i.e. to keep me quiet. The only med i am on now is Avanza (Mirtazipine) which I have taken for about 10 years. It works for me - but treatment of depression is as individual as each of us, and what works for me may not work for you. Unfortunately, dealing with depression is a try-and-test situation. Best of luck to you - don't give up.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks For the condolences Wayne but it’s to late for me. I just wish I could die in an accident not a Suicide but I’ve taken 50 x. 15 mgs ocycontin last week even that did not kill me unfortunately so I’m still stuck in hell my next stop is trying to find a heroin dealer it’s ridiculous that I can’t find one or assistance in sui

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes Wayne thanks for your condolences much appreciated  so I’m trying to  find another solution as I  just don’t want to live in Hell anymore have tried plenty of avenues but I still wake up whatever the higher power is it really hates me I just want to join my family the only ones that ever cared about me at all. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi. I am so sorry for your loss. I use low dose Seroquel to help me sleep, I was on Pristiq for a number of years. It helped with depression but did leave me numb. I didn’t feel any joy but also didn’t have the dark depression. I went off it very slowly last summer. It didn’t seem to have many side effects for me. 

I know I should go back on something but it feels nice to be almost drug free. 

Please let yourself grieve it is ok to be sad. 

I

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Dark Passenger,

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have seen my doc today and he has changed my antidepressants and I’m having weekly counseling sessions and weekly doctors appointments, ty for your concern but I’ll survive. Just on a low atm. I joined this group so I know I’m not alone thanks Dark Passenger.  

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up