Antidepressants dont help me

Posted , 5 users are following.

22.9.14  I have treid many different types of anti depressants and not one has helped me , my dogs help me as walk them three times everyday then i feel better for a while,. but i dont sleep longer than say 3 hrs early morning is the worst time for me, i feel i want to end my life many times, so i write letters or emails, or call the breathing space people or the crisis centre both are 0800 numbers and are fantastic when i am at my lowest mood, the crisis  centre you can just drop in 24/7  I now think i have to live with it, though my GP wants to try another medication in the hope it helps, so i will see.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Callium,

It can take a long time to get the right mix of what I call a Meds Cocktail.  It also takes months for different drugs to get out of your system and at least 3 months for the new ones to kick in. 

Keep walking the dog if it helps!!

Good Luck & nothing worthwhile is easy. Keep fighting!!

• Posted

Try not to focus on medication too much. They are not really the best way to deal with long term anxiety. Therapy is more likely to give long term relief, therapy can resolve issues , medications cannot
  • Posted

Hang in there so many habe this aweful disease. Your dogs need you and you need them. Keeping up contact any way you can. I wish you health, and peace.

r

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.