Antidepressants, sertaline/mirtazapiene/fluoxetine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Started on sertaline for depression and anxiety, felt after 6months they stopped working and made anxiety worse. Dr put me on to Mirtazapiene 30mg and I had a horrible experience. It made me a horrible person, moody and irritable went back to see my DR  he's changed my medication to fluxoitene. Day 2  of new meds and I feel extremely low. Has anyone else experienced the same side effects? I feel like it's 2 steps forward and 6 steps back!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

This is exactly the same as my experience. The sertraline made me very anxious give the fluoxetine a couple of weeks.

I have been taking it for about 12 months now and do feel calmer.

Mike.

• Posted

Hello Mike.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had this experience. Glad your feeling calmer!

Take care 

• Posted

Hi Rebecca I am Diane. I know sometimes it takes time for an antidepressant to work and in my case I had to try several before I found my fit. I am on Lexapro and it really helps my depression and anxiety. The first one I was on was Prozac and it worked well right away but after years I experienced Prozac poop out so that's when I changed. Antidepressants have given me a new leaf on life but I had to be patient. Good luck. Diane

• Posted

Hello Diane,

I'm glad you've found one that works for you, these things are just trial and error. Take care!

• Posted

Hi Rebecca, I've had a similar experience, started with sertaline and have now changed to mirtazapiene. Sertaline did nothing for my depression, the mirtazapiene makes me sleep great but I've also noticed I'm getting very moody and irritable, today was particularly bad, everyone annoyed me. I will keep going for another 2 weeks but if there isn't an improvement by then I'll have to switch to something else because people won't survive around me if I get much worse.

• Posted

Hello Paul

I found sertaline made my anxiety worse and eventually I hit a wall and felt like they weren't helping at all that's when my Dr started me on mirtazapiene I lasted 8 weeks and it got too much, my hair was thinning/falling out, I ate excessively, I was so moody and it began to effect the people around me. I did get a good sleep on them though. If you don't feel mirtazapiene is helping I'd go back and see your Dr. Good luck and Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.