anxieties and palpitations all day yesterday

Posted , 4 users are following.

On Monday night I had trouble sleeping i was so worked up and anxious about the storms where i live and what is going on with my borfriend. I was up and down crying and keeping my boyfriend up. I was worried about what he is going through. We fought and argued until he left the house yesterday. The stress of my arguing and crying and his problems made him sick to where he passed out and ended up in the hospital on the physch ward. 

I was so anxious yesterday having stomach issues and palpitations all day yesterday 

How long do I have to put up with these symptoms with the palpitations, the moods being angry then depressed then anxious and the stomach issue. 

I am tired of menopause will this ever go away with me not being on HRT or an antidepressant just feel so depressed tonight with out my boyfriend here to be with me sad just want to cry and hide away

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi susan

I am also post meno, but dont seem to have these anger issues or anxieties that you explain, i too dont have HRT.

Peri and meno has been no easy phase for me but anger i have never had..

maybe the issues are other than mainly meno, relationship strains may not be just down to meno.

Do you have time apart from your boyfriend or are you together 24/7

Have you also looked at what else maybe causing such anxieties other than menopause, do you have any hobbies or interests to keep your mind busy.

hope hes okay .. And soon back from hospital.

Take care and i hope all is well soon

Jay

• Posted

I grew up having a lot of anxieties from my childhood, with being mentally abused by my mom and physically at times by her and my peers making fun of me. 

Yes I do have hobbies that i like to read write watch tv listen to music walk my dog take care of my birds swim and talk to friends 

• Posted

Hi Susan, how are feeling? do hope you're ok. Do talk to your Dr he/she may offer counselling for yourself or as a couple, natural supplements or medication to help with anxiety etc sorry to be blunt but anxiety is a bitch! Is really horrible & scary...my anxiety levels have lessened & most days now seem sort of ok but I still think/ask when will it all stop?! when I have bad days, I've had a rough 18mths with all sort of things n symptoms, I'm 55.

I tried B vitamins but no longer take them as they can cause/create anxiety in some people....do ask your Dr about them & ask about magnesium. For relaxation, chamomile or other herbal teas, yoga, deep breathing, soothing music, going for a walk, do you have family/friends to talk to or give support, art n craft group you could join. Don't be hard on yourself, do what feels right for you, take each day as it comes. Hope your B/F is ok.

Sending hugs, take care 😊

• Posted

I did have my magnesium level checked out in a blood test and my thyroid, and adrenal, and my progeterone levels i will get the results next week. 

Thank you for being a good support

• Posted

Anxiety acommpanied with heart palpitations is really hard.  I had anxiety and palpitations due to PTSD.  Really bad PTSD. It took some time to get my head around it.  But I did.  Its quite achievable.  Antidepressants don't do anything.  Tranquiliers will help you to calm down and give you a feeling of normalcy.  For awhile.

But one thing I did which really helped was this book.  The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook  By Edmund J. Bourne, Ph.D

I read it several times.  Its a very practical guide to deal with anxiety.  I got to the piont of when I felt it coming on I said to said to myslef.  Well it anxiety trying ot smack me in the back fo the head again.  Once I took the fear out of it.  It no longer had a hold on me.  Sometimes I just let it pass through me.  Because I knew I would come out okay on the other side. each day it got better.  I still have some anxeity but i know what to do with it now. 

• Posted

Glad to hear that you are doing better with your anxities Is PTSD is the post traumatic stress disorder I know I have that from my childhood with the way my mom mentally abused me and at time physically abused me more mentally than physically 

I will get this book and read it thank you for your advice please if you have anymore advice about anxieties please let me know thank you 

• Posted

Dear Susan... you have, I reckon, a bad case of adrenal dysfuntion: cortisol, etc.

Life stories come back to us at sensitive times andsad make things worse. 

I'll pm you a link. If you have the patience to watch you may find some sense in what you're feeling lately. Okay? 

• Posted

PS - good psychotherapy also helps (but is has to be good) and support groups. There are (you'd have to see if ther's any whers you live) 12 Steps for Emotions Anonymous and look for Support Grops- Find closest meeting. It's all very structured and free of charge. 
    • Posted

PS - good psychotherapy also helps (but is has to be good) and support groups. There are (you'd have to see if there's any where you live) 12 Steps for "Emotions Anonymous" and look for Support Grops - Find closest meeting. It's all very structured and free of charge. 
  • Posted

I don't know I'm wondering same thing does it ever stop? Am I going to have heart disease from my stress and my pounding heart that is not necessary to be beating so hard when my blood pressure is normal and I can put my hand on my chest and feel my heart pounding ? My doctor told me it's from anxiety which is somewhat relieving ass asinine as that may sound... I don't know I need to get off the site it's bringing me down worse than I was

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.