ANXIETY ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

My anxiety/panic attacks have been really bad for a few weeks now, I just wondering if anyone suffers from stomach/digestive problems. My stomach feels like its full of air that just stays there, it seems to press on my chest and make me think my breathing is odd. Its like a tight belt round the bottom of my stomach, nothing seems to help and its really unpleaseant. I must admit my diet hasn't been that good, not eating much, but its the same, wether I eat or I don't. I also think I may be swallowing/gulping air too.

0 likes, 37 replies

Report / Delete

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Most commom anxiety symptom that. Totally normal. It'll pass when you get some reasurance
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

O yeh and don't take more oxygen in when you feel like you struggle for breath. You'll end up flooding your brain with oxygen and having a full bliwn attack. Instead, hold your breaths for 5 seconds
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thanks for that neil, I will do the 5 second breath hold, its nice to know someone else recognises these symptoms.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Lesley I find when my anxiety is really bad, my stomach is the first to go, lack of appetite etc. Its so miserable I am diabetic so my diet is is important. I hate forcing myself to eat xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thanks Claire, I never really associated st0mach things with anxiety,its not nice, and very difficult to eat at the moment, my husband goes mad but I cant help it, my eating is the only thing I feel I have control over at the moment, but be extra hard with the diabetes tho xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I know lesley

Its exactly how i feel, i hate things i can't control. Do you find things harder in the mornings, i do.

Evenings seem better for me ?? Are you alone during the day ???

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Claire mornings are torture, things do get a better as the day goes on, and yes I am spending a lot of time at home alone at the moment, I instantly go into panic mode when my husband goes to work, its been a really tough few weeks, I just hope it passes soon, anxiety and panic attacks are difficult to cope with at times for all of us x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have suffered from anxiety for 50 yrs and my tum bad at moment. Its just like u describe Lesley. I feel as I`ve got a constant balloon around my middle going up under my ribs. been diagnosed with ibs but no meds seem to relieve this. I also find my heartbeat goes fluttery and out of sync when i have this trapped wind. It also seems to affect my walking a strange as it sounds. Take care
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Also, I find things much worse in the morning in general. I seem to liven up as the day progresses. I think its a depression thing
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

your so right with the heart beat thing im the same and it also makes me feel incredibly dizzy, like im gonna faint, its a constant battle.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I hate mornings, i am feeling your pain Lesley, last year i had a really bad breakdown i suppose, i couldn't be own my husband had to take time off work to stay with me. I worry about bad things happening to him all the time its so difficult xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

goodnight and sleep tight thanks for all your support today everyone xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Back on edge this morning, is anyone else feeling the same ???
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

yeah me too Claire, my husbands off so im gonna force myself to go out, its miserable xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Try and have a good day speak later xx
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up