ANXIETY ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

My anxiety/panic attacks have been really bad for a few weeks now, I just wondering if anyone suffers from stomach/digestive problems. My stomach feels like its full of air that just stays there, it seems to press on my chest and make me think my breathing is odd. Its like a tight belt round the bottom of my stomach, nothing seems to help and its really unpleaseant. I must admit my diet hasn't been that good, not eating much, but its the same, wether I eat or I don't. I also think I may be swallowing/gulping air too.

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Its funny when the sun shines like it has today, it was lovely to see , but hard to be a part of. Nobody sees anxiety you just wish you could be like everyone else. I hate having to force myself to do things xx
  • Posted

hi Claire hows your day been today, mines not been good really not eaten either which isn't good x

• Posted

Oh dear sorry to hear that lesley, at the moment my husband and i are on hols from our jobs at the school. which is always a bonus, went out for a while this pm, but always with horrible thoughts. It feels like such a struggle . Out of interest do you take any medication for your anxiety xx
  • Posted

hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm 21 and have had anxiety since before I can remember. My first major panic attack was at 12 and I thought I was dying. Since then I've had three big anxiety filled times - when I was 17 and finishing school, 19 starting uni and now at 21, finishing uni.. I guess I don't do well with transitions!! Anyway, my stomach has always been a tyrant when it comes to my anxiety. With all my other episodes before this, it was IBS-D.. literally every day for about two hours. Eventually it simmered own after I got on lexapro. Now it is in the form of heart palpitations and upper GI tract issues like reflux and pain in my .. wind pipe? It's all the way down my front anyway. I really am not dealing well with this. Am being referred to a cardiologist to make sure it's not serious but have been waiting three months just for a referral letter. Oh well, I came here to talk to people like myself so Hi!
  • Posted

morning , no Claire don't take meds, cant bring myself to take them xx
  • Posted

Hi JooneBug

How are you my love Welcome anxiety sucks doesn't it. You are to young to suffer like this my heart goes out to you, i hope you will find some comfort from us on this site xx

• Posted

Hi lesley

How are you today ? Perhaps you could try and eat a little something .. lots of love and hugs xx

• Posted

Hi Claire,

its been an ok day I suppose better than yesterday, I know this sounds weird but iv got it in my head that if I eat my panic attacks get worse, I did try this morning and I immediately felt odd.

Thanks for your concern, hows your day been xxxxxxxx

• Posted

Aww bless,

see that's anxiety playing with your mind so cruel, have you considered seeing your GP you can't carry on not eating love. Are you drinking? My day has been up and down as usual, horrible thoughts on and off . hope you have a good night xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

Hi lesley how are you today ??
  • Posted

Hi Clair, hows you, No I havny eaten much, but dare I say it so far iv had a good day, long may it last xx
  • Posted

Excellent Lesley,

What do you think has made a difference today ?

• Posted

morning, im not sure, feeling pretty ok today too, dare I say it, even had breakfast, how r u today xx

• Posted

I am so pleased Lesley, i have had a few intrusive thoughts this morning but trying to cope xx
  • Posted

Hi Clair you havnt been on for a few days, is everything ok xxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.