anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have taken 28 x 25mgs of pregabalin, am addicted to it, anyone know of a workable withdrawal plan, 

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rosemay, 

You'll need to speak to your GP about this. They need to know that you're stopping this medication, and the reduction and subsequent stopping of this type of medication needs to be monitored by them. No one here is qualified to offer advice on medication, it's safer to go to your GP. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

tks amy, they do know, but I was told to replace with paracetamol, totally useless. am opening capsule and removing some of contents, difficult to get an accurate does, was ok for 7 days ,then it hit me , having my daughter was easier than this pain ,also have just about every side effect of this poisonous capsule,worst is prolonged bouts of  sneezing, just a point of interest, caps gave me pain, supposed to help me sleep, made me restless and agitated,I realize I am not on my own hoped someone might have found a magic bullet.tks for your interest xx rosie
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Rosemary,

Fisrtly when you say i have taken the staed dose ,do you mean as a one off or regularly? You see I am on 3 x 200mg per day and have been for years,have stopped taking with no problems on several occasions,forgetfulness more than anything,plus I was told by a GP they were non-addictive.

They have helped me with pain and anxiety more than anything but what works for some fails for others,and I am a long-term sufferer for over 55yrs.

Withdrawal plans I do not know off,although obviously some form of drug will have to replace the reduced dosage of Pregabilin.

I have heard where Diazepam has been used but I am a bit sceptical of that,there is a bit more here than meets the eye,it's a job for your GP,and if he is unsympathetic then get a second opinion.

Good luck with that,I wish you well!

Regards Malc

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

morning malcolm,  started drug on june 11th  1 x 25mg at night. for  2 weeks, increased to 2 x  25mg caps  25th of june,  got as far as july 2nd  and stopped because because I felt so ill. leaflet says short term can clear in a week, thought it had worked because i felt ok. but, on sunday july 13 it hit me like a ton of bricks, am also addicted to

valium 3x day, that I can cope with. all due to recent abdo op. me also wrinkley. tks for your reply, xx rosie. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi rosemary,

i have recently been offered the option of trying pregabalin but i didn't take as I was a bit wary of it but I was assured by my doctor that it is a non addictive alternative to diazepam.

I decided to stick with the diazepam as I have been told that although it loses its sedative properties if taken in the long term it never loses its anti anxiety properties and it agrees with me and has no side effects.

I hope you start to feel better soon,

Lisa

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Rosemary,

25mg powder is equivalent to 39ml of liquid,so get yourself a measuring jug and put powder in it and then add water/alcohol so that the solvent reaches that amount,i think i am correct.

good Luck Malc

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up