Anxiety?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all I'm new to this and I've just been diagnosed with anxiety I've had bloods ultra scans 72hr heart trace all came back normal I'm going for heart n artery testing in October.to put my mind at rest.ive got all the sympthoms which I've had now for 6months.the dizzy ness is driving me insane along with pulsating in the bottom of my breast bone n rapid heart.can u get anxiety for no reason I did have a family problem a year ago could this be a delayed reaction?i lost my dad in May this year n my anxiety hasn't got worse he was my world.im on no med apart from sleeping tablets I could go on beta blockers but have declined them.does this get any better?i just wish I knew why this had happened to me and then maybe I would accept this horrible illness.does anyone suffer really bad dizziness?confused

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Claire, yes it all sounds familiar, brain scans, heart tests etc and all normal so deff yes sounds like anxieti, anxieti aparently can strike at any time and out of the blue.. And one of the main sympthomps can be dizziness I've been dizzy ALL day today :-(

All I can say is ( try to stay strong) and hopefully will get better x 

• Posted

Thank you for your support it's so good to here from other suffers,there isn't a day goes by that I don't have one sympthoms or another I'm so tierd of it I'm sure my gp thinks I'm crazy,I think I'm crazy.ha.does this last forever or will it go.thanks again Jose.x
    • Posted

Your most welcome Claire, I agree it's good and great support help to hear from other sufferers, other people do listen to us but they don't know what we mean or how we feel because they don't suffer from it.

I'm the same everyday I get one or various sympthoms, but also to be positive sometimes I go few days without any..

Of course your Dr knows your not crazy or think you are.. 

I can't answer if it goes for ever or not cause I think it's something that stays there " always" ( sorry to say this) but sometimes with less strength .. 

But hey we have to remain positive, life is great no matter what and this "F.." Anxieti won't be stronger than us! 

• Posted

Lol I always apologize to my doctor cause I feel like he thinks I'm crazy and the ER people know me so well its embarrassing
    • Posted

Don't feel bad, I apologise too but remember is also their job to look after patients ( no matter what illness is) 
    • Posted

Your right Jose I'm trying not to let this beat me and it won't.i keep telling myself that there's a lot of people out there worse than me.x
    • Posted

Hi there yeh I'm always appolgizing too.lol.ive never been to the doctors so much.lol
  • Posted

I get really bad dizziness  

Mines triggered from stress  at work 

I do loads of research  into anxiety to put my mind at ease thin gs are getting slightly better but I'm on citalpram  and propranolol  

Propranolol  works a treat for me takes all the fast racing heart problems away  and tight chest 

I've since realised I get alcohol anxiety if I have to much to drink then the next or 2 is a k nightmare for me it's like I'm not on meds all over again 

Sorry for rabbiting  on a bit 

Hope you get better soon

• Posted

Hi Joshua I wish I knew what triggered mine it would help me understand anxiety more.you just get so sick n tierd of feeling ill don't you and just want the old life back.im trying not to go on the meds but might have to.im glad the meds have helped with your racing heart n tight chest.
    • Posted

Yeh Claire they work great but apparently  it takes some hard work to get off them but ill deal with that when I need to 

Citalpram  gave me awful  side effects when I first started  on them though, insomnia  weird dreams numbness  more than usual

They wear off though 

A doctor  once told me "Josh it's all just a chemical imbalance  in your head relax as much as you can" really helped me when I get symptoms  I just think  of that

• Posted

I been feeling the Same way!!! the 2 weeks have been horrible! I feel really light headed like I'm going to black out but don't I always feel dizzy my heart beats fast a lot!!! I get tingly or numb some time my jaw feels like its going to lock up I twitch a lot I been to the er so many times and the doctor I have blood work urine test all came back negative x-ray and ultrasound on my stomach only find a small cyest but he said it was going to go away when I took this medicine last night was my fist time having a bad dream my mom won't take me to the we cause she says its the anxiety I have lost a lot of weight  I went from 140 to 115 in like 7 months I fell like I'm going to die all the time I have black circles around my eyes I just hate it feel like I doomed sad
    • Posted

Syrina hun, anxiety sucks big time, I also get that feeling of impending doom all the time, like I'm gona die but we need to learn how to control this feelings.. Just so hard! 

Wish you good luck and hope we will all get well soon 🙏

• Posted

Thank u its like I get better and once I hear somebody has died like my love ones it comes back 10 times bad and it sucks cause I know what it is but the feeling is so scary all you can do is panic I hope u get better to!! 
    • Posted

The feeling is very scary I know!

Thank you hun, I hope we will all get better soon x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.