Anxiety?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all I'm new to this and I've just been diagnosed with anxiety I've had bloods ultra scans 72hr heart trace all came back normal I'm going for heart n artery testing in October.to put my mind at rest.ive got all the sympthoms which I've had now for 6months.the dizzy ness is driving me insane along with pulsating in the bottom of my breast bone n rapid heart.can u get anxiety for no reason I did have a family problem a year ago could this be a delayed reaction?i lost my dad in May this year n my anxiety hasn't got worse he was my world.im on no med apart from sleeping tablets I could go on beta blockers but have declined them.does this get any better?i just wish I knew why this had happened to me and then maybe I would accept this horrible illness.does anyone suffer really bad dizziness?confused

0 likes, 24 replies

Report / Delete

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I also suffer with anxiety the past 3-4 months and I get all the symptoms you do too😭 it's horrible I do be in so much pain with my anxiety I really just want it to all go away 😞 trust me I have been feeling a lot better lately and much happier so trust me it doesn't last forever it gets better😊x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

your symptoms are all anxiety related so all these medical checks may prove fruitless except to ease your worrying. But better safe than sorry eh.  I think a lot of people get dizzy spells and chest tightening because they forget to breathe.  If it happens again breathe slowly in and out for a few minutes and the anxiety should subside a bit.

Richard

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you in will try to control my breathing.touch wood I've never had the chest tightening but I do get the feeling of having something crawling under my skin in my chest hard to explain
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi all are we talking dizzy/ lightheaded spells or constantly?ive been like this everyday 24/7 for nearly two years just wondered how it affects your life.i can't even walk round the block xx also many other constant symptoms xx 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi there I get spells of dizziness on and off all day and many other symptoms some days are better than others.when I'm having a day of no dizzy spells which isn't often I get some other symptom rapid heart pulsing in breast bone so never have a day free of symptoms. It makes me feel so vunrabal if that's the right word.i does affect your life in many ways it's a terrible thing to have I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Your not alone ...i have dizziness alot .anxiety sux .it's a horrible feeling especially when it wakes you up at 3 or 4 am and everyone is asleep and no one to talk to to calm down.but yea dizziness , headache , nausea, tingling feelings , shakes , clammy.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up