Anxiety?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello I'm Mitchel

I just wanted to share my story with you guys to see if maybe I have anxiety or something else.

Since June of this year I started to get anxiety. It all started with shortness of breath and it never left. I have severe panic attacks since then. My hands will lock up and I would go numb everywhere. I guess I hyperventilated. Well that lasted for a few months. But about 2 months my vision started to act weird like I was detached from myself. So I went on and tried not to freak out as much but 3 weeks ago my vision just took a toll on me and I started freaking out and feeling like I was going to die. Since then my symptoms have been getting worst. I started losing my appetite constant fear that I will get a heart attack or have every disease I can think off. Today my legs felt like they wanted to give out and I was in constant fear all day. I had no break of just thinking I was going to die and feeling weird. Sometimes I have a hard time swallowing my own silica but I can eat and drink fine. I shake and get nervous fast. I fear that I'm going to drop dead from a heart attack any second now. I had ekgs done and my heart looks great. My blood pressure was 116/65 my pulse 90 my oxygen 100 my temp 97. Is this anxiety? Can someone out there relate? I feel like I'm all alone and no one understands my symptoms . they prescribed me Prozac haven't taken it until 4 days ago. I can't keep living like this

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have the same thing with vision/detached.

I'm working on not letting it have meaning, so that it will go away

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying!

I feel like there's something else wrong with me

I'm constantly on the edge of thinking I'm going to die this instant but I keep pushing. But it toys with me. I get courage yo accept it or be stronger from it, then a symptom kicks in and scares the heck out of me

• Posted

And I always think I'm gonna go crazy. Try CBT, it's actually been really helping me. Our feelings are meaningless. We need to stop giving them weight
    • Posted

Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. Retraining your thinking.
    • Posted

I will look into that. I fight it. I can't let this put me down. Is diarreh part with anxiety?
  • Posted

Definitely sounds like anxiety..consider anti anxiety meds prescribed by a doctor along with the antidepressant. My son has very bad anxiety and it took the combination of the 2.He is much netter now.Also a psycologist would probably be much better at getting the right dosage for your situation then a gp.Psycologist told my son that dose gp prescribed was like trying to put out a forest fire with a watering can.I hope you feel much better soon.
    • Posted

Yes they only gave me 10mg of Prozac. I just need to find a way out . this is becoming a big issue in my daily life and work.
    • Posted

I think with all the strange physical symptoms the anxiety creates it tends to make a person focus on anxiety about their health.I do that alot to.Just try telling yourself its just the anxiety..let the fear of the physical symptoms go as much as you can.And try and stay positive..it will get better
    • Posted

Also books by Lucinda Basset really helped me,she even has a course with dvds you can buy to help you get over anxiety and or at least help to manage it
    • Posted

I feel much better. I needed someone to talk to that has been through this hard road.
    • Posted

Cold feet and numb? I pushed myself to go out to a concert tonight to fight against my anxiety. But its feeling bad. I feel like my toungue will go back and choke me. I feel like I'm going to die have a heart attack because km feeling pains in my chest and back. My left arm feels weird. Its like psyching me out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.