Anxiety?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello I'm Mitchel

I just wanted to share my story with you guys to see if maybe I have anxiety or something else.

Since June of this year I started to get anxiety. It all started with shortness of breath and it never left. I have severe panic attacks since then. My hands will lock up and I would go numb everywhere. I guess I hyperventilated. Well that lasted for a few months. But about 2 months my vision started to act weird like I was detached from myself. So I went on and tried not to freak out as much but 3 weeks ago my vision just took a toll on me and I started freaking out and feeling like I was going to die. Since then my symptoms have been getting worst. I started losing my appetite constant fear that I will get a heart attack or have every disease I can think off. Today my legs felt like they wanted to give out and I was in constant fear all day. I had no break of just thinking I was going to die and feeling weird. Sometimes I have a hard time swallowing my own silica but I can eat and drink fine. I shake and get nervous fast. I fear that I'm going to drop dead from a heart attack any second now. I had ekgs done and my heart looks great. My blood pressure was 116/65 my pulse 90 my oxygen 100 my temp 97. Is this anxiety? Can someone out there relate? I feel like I'm all alone and no one understands my symptoms . they prescribed me Prozac haven't taken it until 4 days ago. I can't keep living like this

0 likes, 24 replies

Report / Delete

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have the same breathlessness and loss of appetite becquse u thought I was going to choke but u have to eat between attacks and eat soft foods but learn to chew ur food. For 2 weeks I ate porridge and brioche rolls and banana. I TAKE PROPRONALOL ONCE A DAY

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You sound just like me but i dont have the vision thing going on.

My symptoms are more towards racing thoughts,feeling of impending doom all the time, chest tightness,fatigue and sharp shooting sensations that comes and goes.

Im like my anxiety is over my health and heart.

I got ecg checked doc gave me all clear sign and everything looked healthy so he suggested anxiety.

Been through a few docs who suggested anxiety.

Have yet to see psychologist.

I also always feel like im dying and can die any day and second.

Recently i have manage to gain back my appetite and starting eating normally.

My shortness of breath is also vanishing.

Now im just dealing with the body aches/ pains and negative thoughts which i am finding it hard to forget or move on from.

Im planning to pen it down perhaps that can help me move on from this phase of my life.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Kate here,

My story all began when i took Tramadol and caffeine together. I have my heart palpitations but everything else was fine. After that, second attack was when i was hiking, paramedics came and thought i was dying. My oxygen level went down. Im afraid of dying and didnt know whats gonna happen. I could tell you within a month i called 911 7 times thinking im having a heart attack. Dr precribed me setraline but didnt help the first day. And i have Ativan which helps a lil. Im always scared of getting attacks. It's now panic disorder or gad. feel like im choking and felt coldness all over my body. My muscle aches and have hard time swallowing.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm sorry kate.

I'm still trying to come with mine. Everyone tells me its anxiety but my mind tells me I have a lot of diseases or wrongs with me so I can't believe any positive statement . I shake a bit like if I was cold. Sweaty palms and chest pains shortness of breath all this right now at this moment. My vision is not bothering me anymore right Noe but my anxiety can level up quick for more reason. I'm ok Prozac but hasn't done anything for me. I read stories of how people die and their causes and I think I have that. I went from cancer to ms to bone marrow to even dementia. I feel like I'm going to die any second but I keep living .

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up