Anxiety..

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. So a few days ago (3 to be exact) i was getting ready for bed when all of a sudden my heart pounded and felt like it was going to stop it so i sat up thinking that might help but when i did it felt like i was going to vomit, and the rest of the night i had heart palpitations but i decided not to go into the ER (not the best judgment i know) but i figured it was because of all the caffine i had been drinking (i had been drinking soda for a week straight). The fallowing day i felt neausous all day along with having heart palpitations again; i just didnt feel right, so i went into hospital and i was there for a few hours but they werent much help considering i didnt go in while the big episode occured but i explained all of it and i felt like the Dr kind of brushed it off to being "no big deal" and sent me home saying i should rest. But its almost day 4 and its gotten a little better but im still concerned but i also feel like it could be because im having alot of anxiety lately and this certainly doesnt help. 

(Im a 21 year old Female) 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Jessica I have anxiety and have your symptoms all the time. You're so young that very rarely do we have heart problems at this age. I always think I'm having a heart attack or a brain tumor also... Theist could go on because Google always "knows". Anxiety can cause a lot of physical symptoms that cannot hurt you. Just last night I was laying in bed and every time I fell asleep I thought my heart stopped and I wasn't breathing. I'm perfectly fine today. Tonight? ... I have a headache so it must be a brain tumor right? Lol anxiety plays with our minds. It can make your heart do that out of no where because you're stressed even though you might not notice you are... Then worrying about that you make yourself nauseous because of your nerves. Next time you think something is wrong with your heart go for a run!!! If the pain gets worse it's a problem but more than likely it will release adrenaline from your body and you will feel much better I promise smile.
    • Posted

Lol i must have a field of brain tumors then :P. But even trying anything that involves running or lifting makes my heart have palpitations and i cant breath right (due to asthma).
    • Posted

Try meditating or laying in the hot bath with candles smile. Trust me I want to go to the ER every day but talk myself out of it. I hate having this anxiety crap sad
    • Posted

Whenever i notice that im getting stressed i turn everything off and lay down, that seems to help the most. I dislike having it as well its no cake walk. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.