Anxiety???

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am having many symptons right now, but the one that is really bothering me is my legs continue to shake and jerk really badly. This is not internal. You can see the jerking and it is really bad. My feet feel cold and numb too

Does anyone experience this jerking ? ait is both legs and starts from the hip all the way doen

Appreciate anyones thoughts..........So scary

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

I too get muscle spasms and the twitching in both legs. It starts out of nowhere. Up until recently my anxiety was controlled really well, but the last couple weeks it seems my medication I've been taking hasn't been working as well(Mirtzapine 15mg at night) so thank goodness I had some leftover Ativan to get me through the days so far! I have an appt to see my dr on Friday and might need to up my dosage of the Mirt if it's not working at the current dose and then renew my Ativan script to get me through the dosage transition since the first few weeks can cause anxiety levels to raise when moving dosages around. Maybe you should see your dr and look into medications. Not sure what you're on now, if anything, but I would recommend something. But let it be known, it does take 6 weeks or so for a medication to fully get into your system, sometimes 8 weeks. And the first few weeks can be more stressful because you sometimes experience the most side effects during the first couple weeks or so and then they slowly fade away. That's why I liked the Mirtzapine, I didn't have many side effects, mainly it knocked me out at night the first week or so and gave me crazy dreams and I was pretty groggy the next day, but those side effects seemed to whither away after a week or so for me. I hope you figure out something to help you! If you're on a medication I'd ask your dr to add something like Ativan for you to take only as needed. It helps tremendously and provides a quick calming effect. But they can be very addictive so only take as needed based on what your dr prescribes. Mine are only .5mg and bottle says take one a day as needed, which recently I've been taking one a day for the past week, one day I had to take it twice but the dosage is so low it won't hurt any. Some people are prescribed 1mg 3 times a day. Let me know if you have any questions and if you get to see a dr let me know what the outcome is!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have had my legs shake and jerk when i am having anxieties even a panic attack my legs shake. 

Have you tried to distract your thoughts by doing things. Watch T.V. or listen to music, or color. Take a relaxing bath maybe that will help calm your anxieties. 

I know its bothersome. My feet do get cold and when i am feeling anxious my body feels cold 

Try to hang in there i know its scary but once your anxieties calm down your legs will stop shaking 

Elizabeth

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth

I do try to distract myself but that does not seem to help.They also feel weak and rubbery.

Seeing my doctor on Thursday to discuss. He will probably think I am wack jacko!!!!!

Does it not bother or worry you when you get this. How long does yours last?

Ellen

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I get that during the height of a panic attack. Thats how i always knew it was full blown anxiety. There are just some symptoms that are so strong they exist whenever a panic attack happens or extreme worrying. Once you adjust to it as a symptom you wont even fear it all. It will signal to you oh this is massive anxiety and you go to calm ing down techniques. Then eventually you dint care it about it anymore so the body throws a new symptom at you. 
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up