Anxiety?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Basically I'm 17 and I've always been a 'worrier' like I could literally write you a long list of things I worry about on a daily basis. Some days however I feel pretty much fine. But on the days I'm not then I just constantly worry. The last two days have been bad and I don't really know why.

I just feel constantly tired and irratable all the time. Which just upsets me as I feel like I upset my family when I don't feel like talking to them. I also want to cry a lot.

I just feel like if I go to the doctors then they'll just dismiss me and say that I don't worry enough to have an actual problem. I also know that I'd end up crying if I went. Then I'd have to walk out looking awful.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Becca, I'm 20 and have had a severe anxiety disorder for 4 years. Don't ever fear going to the doctors, because that's what they are there for - if something doesn't feel right to you, then there might be something there. And they have loads of options to give you, probably not medication, but it is an option, therapy maybe? nothing has to be hardcore, as you seem to have it in periods and not constant, but that's what mine is like too. When I went to the doctors all they had to do was ask me 'so..what's wrong?' and the flood gates opened, which then told myself and the doctors that there obviously was something going on with me. 

One thing I struggled with in regards to family communcation, was that I wasn't very good at telling my family when I didn't feel right (presumably because I thought that I was only 'worrying' and everyone does that, so why is it an issue? So I know what you mean by that, but if you maybe mention it to a family member and tell them that it makes tou irrtiable and aggitated then they might start to understand a little easier? Alot of my worries are irrashional which makes then hard to understand, but if the fear is real to you, then it is very scary. 

Hope this helps xx

• Posted

yes i completely agree with Jess, there was a time where i was suffering with anxiety very badly to the point i had chronic migraines. I would be on edge all the time, and snap at my brother for no reason. At the time i had health anxiety about having kidney failure, cancer, heart failure, basically any health issue you can think of. I then sat down and talked to my brother about how i was feeling and compleltely broke down, and i hadnt cried in years. It was such a huge release and weight off my shoulders, it then made me realise that all this health anxiety was just becausr of an underlying great amouny of stress as i was in a bad family situation and moving to univirsity x
  • Posted

becca

Talk to your GP, you need to talk to your GP and xplain your fears, you are still very young. To know your problem will help you recover and control your anxiety

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.