Anxiety!!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

so.. i struggle with severe health anxiety and general anxiety disorder. a few months ago i was diagnosed with worms (a parasite) i took 2 doses of vermox 3 weeks apart. i still am experiencing stomach issues and an very worried .. i have taken a few stool samples (about 3) and they have all come back NEGATIVE! ( even when i had worms the stool samples came back negative) . i experience nasuea and extreme fatigue everyday. aswell as not being able to focus, cant breathe, abdominal pain, headaches, dizziness... everything u cud imagine. i have been to the hospital MANY times for dumb reasons (thinking i have a serious health issue) , i also made 4 appointments with my doctor in the past month. my dad shames me for this and tells me im f*****g up my life .. he makes me feel like its my fault i struggle. which is the main cause of my anxiety and other emotional issues. what do i do.. do u think its possible i still have worms? what steps do i take to stop the constant worrying?? my dr sent a referral to see a psychiatric therapist. but im hoping to find someone who struggles the same as me for advice. i worry about a new health issues EVERY SINGLE DAY. i have an underlying fear of getting sick and of dying. HELP. im an 18 year old female .

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Aww what a shame for you i really understand I am the same. I can never believe all my symptoms are anxiety. everyday I worry like u do that I have a serious health problem always feel like I'm not going see my kids grow up it ruins my life. I have been like this 10 years now and the only good thing is it's been 10 years and I'm still here. I really don't have any tips but just wanted u no u r not alone xx

• Posted

im so sorry you have been dealing with this for so long. ive only been dealing with this for 2 years (the bad case of it anyways). it feels good to know i am not alone !

• Posted

its hard to accept clear results im the exact same!! i know i would try buy online the prescription you have for the worms? even though its coming back clear me being anxious would have

i 100% get symptoms and the tests are clear it drives me insane because the pain is REAL i had terrible breast pain i had a scan all clear get yourself some good bacteria tablets to help with the stomach problems x

• Posted

its the worst. going to the ER many many many times just to find out everything is normal. then going back again because something new pops up. its awful and honestly i shouldnt be worrying like this at the age of 18

• Posted

Anxiety is dreadful and for me health anxiety is the worst. You self diagnose and try to answers from Dr Google and that just makes it worse. Once your sorted with one illness it feels like another symptom is coming. I have this now for the past 3 years and it is something that I would not wish on anybody. Try and see the psychologist, it helps even sometimes when you sitting there, then you thinking, why am I doing the talking but they give you techniques to cope, I'm really sorry you going through this but it gets a bit manageable, mega hugs and keep strong

• Posted

health anxiety is the worse for me aswell. i have every form of anxiety you could imagine but the health anxiety is BY FAR the worst. the bad part about having health anxiety is .. when you think something is wrong with you, you almost always get the symptoms . which just makes you believe theres something wrong with you even more . i have mornings where i wake up and go "im done worrying this is stupid".. then just to have everything crash all around you that same day . its so terrible and i hope myself aswell as anyone else that struggles with this, gets the help they need

• Posted

Anxiety is dreadful and for me health anxiety is the worst. You self diagnose and try to answers from Dr Google and that just makes it worse. Once your sorted with one illness it feels like another symptom is coming. I have this now for the past 3 years and it is something that I would not wish on anybody. Try and see the psychologist, it helps even sometimes when you sitting there, then you thinking, why am I doing the talking but they give you techniques to cope, I'm really sorry you going through this but it gets a bit manageable, mega hugs and keep strong

• Posted

i doubt you still have worms.

i can really relate to how you feel as i have been struggling with servere health anxiety since i was 18. im 34 now and my journey with this is finally looking brighter.

dont ever feel ashamed or let anyone make you feel ashamed its a debilitating condition and people who have never gone through this dont have any idea or understand how it feel so there oppionions are irrelevant and you should never listen to anyone who gives more negativity to an already high stressful situation. i know how vicious the circle is, you think one issue has gone and another pops right up and the process starts all over again.

most health anxiety suffers are mostly afraid of getting one certain thing.

what is your main health anxiety fear. ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.