anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi i Was just woundering if anyone is going through this??

ImI'm 24 years old and suffering really bad anxiety and have been for 6 years and I can't controll it.. sad it's depressing me deeply I can be sitting just watching tv and all of a sudden my heart races so fast makes me so drained I just want to go to sleep... I'm constantly thinking I'm dying or I have cancer or my heart's going to stop and when I get palpitations it takes my breath away. Mine started when I was a young daft silly girl following the crowd and took drugs (anphetamine) once I may add.. and ended up in hospital as it didn't agree with me which in some ways I'm glad as it scared me big time and made me realise I was stupid.. but ever since I've had anxiety.. ( I just want it to stop) 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

If you would like to chat let me know 
    • Posted

_____

Look forward to hearing from you 

Patient Moderator Note: I have removed an e-mail address from this reply as it is the policy of patient.info to not publish these within the forums. If any user is interested in this removed information they should contact the author via the Private Messaging system requesting such. Thank you for your cooperation.

Patient Moderator Reminds: You provide / exchange personal information at your own risk.

• Posted

Hi Sarah, sorry to hear you have been suffering for so long. You haven't mentioned whether you have been to the doctors to describe the symptoms you've been having? If you haven't, i'm sure this would help with the negative thoughts you are having when you experience these; plus your doctor will be able to reassure you. Also, are you on any medication to help with your anxiety? Or have you ever spoken to a professional about how you are feeling? Take care, Amy
    • Posted

Hi Amy yes I have and my doctor brushed it off prescribed beater blockers and sent me on my Way I've been scared to even mention it again. I never took the beater blocker as I had no idea what they done or anything any1 I tell brushes it off as they just think I'm a hypochondriac and I'm trying to tell people that this Is becoming a big problem in my life that is why I came on here to see if any1 else has similar things happening and reassurance that I'm not cracking up I am sane I just have a problem that needs to be fixed 
    • Posted

Hi again Sarah, sorry that I havent replied sooner, I've been on my holidays and had no internet connection. I'm really sorry that you've had bad experiences when talking to your doctor. Simliarly, I told my doctor about my symptoms and they were brushed off too. Luckily I went to another clinic and spoke to a nurse who referred me to a mental health centre. Does your doctor's surgery only have one doctor that you can see? Or can you ask to speak to someone else? Or maybe you could go to a walk in centre and explain your situation. I second what DrQuinn said below, I would ask to be referred for CBT. I've suffered from anxiety myself and found CBT extremely helpful. Please dont be put off by what one doctor has (or hasnt) done for you, there are plenty of people out there willing to help you.
  • Posted

Speak with your GP and ask to be referred for Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. Firstly clarify if that which you are experiencing are panic attacks. If you have not already done so also ask your GP to rule out any possible physical cause by carrying out some simple blood tests.
    • Posted

Hi I've had everything done blood tests u name it I spoke to my doctor who just brushed off what I was saying prescribed me beater blockers and sent me on my way which is why I've been scared to go back sad 
  • Posted

Typical doctors - they just want to give everyone a pill!!  It really annoys me.  I have always refused long term medication but when I had really bad symptoms would take half a tranquiliser and half a beta blocker to take the edge off.  I use Rescue Remedy and another homeopathic remedy for calming.  Have you tried taking Probiotics?  I recently read that in some cases they can stop panic and anxiety.  Google "the gut-brain conncection to anxiety".
  • Posted

Hi wat meds u on now. Belive me everythin u said in ur post is same as me. Shell

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.