Anxiety

Posted , 8 users are following.

My anxiety seems to be getting worse. The last 3 days have been really bad. I can be feeling fairly good, and then out of no where the anxiety will hit me. I feel like I can't really catch my breath. It feels like my heart is beating really fast.  It makes me start worrying that I have something wrong with my heart. Then I get more anxious!

Does anyone else have the anxiety that seems to just come on fast.? If so, please describe how it makes you feel?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Kim I get the exact same symptoms and I have on occasions called the ambulance by the time they arrive I feel better.  I have had ECGs and all is fine.  I get anxiety attacks on the tube now too.   I feel like my heart will get tired of beating so hard and fast that it will stop.  I am now managing these attacks.  Good luck kim!

• Posted

Hi Kim,

You seem to be getting caught up in a fear cycle, this has happened because the feelings of anxiety are so strong and unpleasant that you are now worrying about it happening again and also lserching for reasons to why it's happening.

All of the symptoms associated with anxiety are triggered by our mindful state, fear cannot take place in a calm and relaxed mind and body.

I can assure you your heart is well and you are being tricked by your nervous system.

Look up on the internet Dr Claire Weeks she was a master in this area.  Practice mindfulness to help bring calm to your mind and body, the Headspace app on your smart phone is brilliant.  And lastly the next time you feel anxious just let it sweep over you, breathe deeply and don't pay it any attention.

Take care Kim you will get through this xxx

• Posted

Hi Kim

try some Mega B complex vitamins with 100mg B6 in that helps alot ...

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Kim yes it's horrible I've suffered from anxiety and anxiety attacks for a long time and they make you feel so down too.  Mine are not like panic attacks where my heart beats fast mine does the opposite where everything slows down :-( that then freaks me out.  I think having a bit if health anxiety thrown in too isn't the best combination! I just try and keep my thoughts occupied and nightimes are worse for me, I tend to read until I can't keep my eyes open.....keep positive xx
  • Posted

My panic attacks are extreme. I fall over with the shaking and cant breathe. I have a little tip to stop them but it will sound weird. If someone is with you ask them to get you in a very tight hug, a bone crusher as my hubby calls it. For some reason your breathing starts to match theirs and you soon calm down. Sounds daft but I suggested it to a colleague who suffers dreadfully and she is thrilled because it works. We do work on the shop floor at asda though so there is a lot of hugging going on which customers find a little odd lol
    • Posted

For me it helps if someone holds my hand while talking, I focus on that instead of how I feel.

Someone else had said that they find it helpful to match their breathing to their dogs, who seems to realise what is happening and changes how they pant/breathe accordingly.

• Posted

Hi Bouncyville

laughing at what you said  ... but like you say it works so why not ...

think i will have to visit asda on my next uk trip  see all this staff hugging going on ... 😃😃😃😃

take care bouncy 

jay xx

• Posted

Hi Taz

a paper bag is good too, breath in and out...

a friend of mine used a paper bag... noisey but very good..

jay jay xx

• Posted

Hi all,

Thank you soooo much for all your responses, and kind words. Anxiety seems a bit better today. I have read all your responses, and will certainly give the suggestions a try. 

Susan, I intend to look up the information you suggested. I will admit that once the anxiety starts, all the "what if" thinking starts. I get myself really worked up to a point I feel I am going mad. Start thinking stuff like "what will happen to my family if I die". "Do I have everything in order so they do not have to worry about thnigs". It starts to consume my every thought. Which makes me focus that much more on all my body symptoms. Vicious cycle. 

Again, thank you all so much. You are all truly kind and supportive. 

Hugs to all...

• Posted

Hi kim

anxiety is not nice .. i had all these doom thoughts and thought awful were waiting to happen etc... it does pass hun

B6 sorts this... take a good Mega B 100mg Complex time realease capsule, lashings of B Vits ( make sure it is the better one, containing 100mg of B6) and all the other B' s in it..

B12 excellent  for energy  boost... choose the higher Jattows 5000mcg B12 red label 

B6 lifted all my anxiety, never had a problem with the anxiety after taking it daily for 5 months now and ongoing.. been amazing 

jay x

• Posted

typo correction...

should read Jarrows ... ( not jattows) Dohhhhhhh

maybe theres a supplement to help me not cock my spelling up on ipads 😀

take care Jay xx

• Posted

OMG so yesterday I was driving home after shopping and I suddenly had an attack. I pulled.over as my chest was getting tighter breathing erratic i was shaking I thought I was slowly dying. I called my sister and she made me focus on other things until I was calm enough to drive over to her house for a cuppa.  This can be so debilitating at times. But reading this forum is a godsend... thanks ladies!.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.