anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have recently been told I have GAD. I also have horrible acid reflux and can't eat anything without it feeling like it is stuck in my chest. Doc says it is related to anixety. Also ge the strangest chest pains and sensations that I cannot describe or explain just to say they are so scary cause I feel like I'm having a heart attack. Can anyone relate -feeling uncertain, sad, and frustrated ): This cannot be normal acid relflux that I hear people talk about. I take the reflux meds but they don't help.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My sister was recently diagnosed with mild anxiety. She too at first thought it was acid  .I told her from the off that the symptoms she was describing where anxiety and to start taking it easy.

All you have described Hun are anxiety symptoms....even the thinking that it could be something else is the sign of a anxious mind xxx

• Posted

Yes I have had it all through the years.

the reason the acid reflux meds aren't working is due to the anxiety you need to work on getting that under contol.

Then you will feel better over all.

What has the doctor prescibed you for the anxiety?

• Posted

I tried to take Lexapro and wound up in the er - horrible experience. I am scared to death to take the anxiety meds
    • Posted

Did you get all the same symptoms of chest pains and feeling like the food is stuck in your chest. I also get horrible indigestion which feels like a heart attack. it goes on for hours at night
  • Posted

Hey would just like to say that I have similar symptoms and a heart burn like feeling. I can only think that it's down to my anxiety
  • Posted

I can empathize. I have been to see a heart consultant, as I have anxiety on top of other issue with my ribs and spine.

My doc has given me diazepam as needed. I try to ride out most of my anxiety attacks and use the diazepam only when I cannot shake it off and its severe.

I appreciate you might read that Diazepam is addictive and doesnt get a great write up but even I think they have their uses and I hate taking medication.

Breathing exercises can help for mild anxiety, counselling can help to as you can get guidance

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.