anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

My anxiety is that bad that i worry everyday all day but i can do i good job of hiding it .. not only do i worry that something really bad is going to happen to me i worry the same with my kids and husband my husband is good with .me but sometimes its not enough i dont like to go to the doctors in fear that i will b told theres something wrong and i only have so many months to live 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That's a symptom of the worry monster. We believe there's something wrong because we know this isn't us. Going to a doctor begins the process of elimination. Hang in there my friend. Doctors are not there to hurt but help. Remember that. Wishing you strength during this difficult time.
  • Posted

Hi Sharon, I had same feeling one year ago when I was very worried about going to doctors and thinking that I might find some hidden ilness . Since than I had 2 ECGs , blood tests and all sort of things and I haven't found anything major,actually I  haven't found anything at all apart from this anxiety and panic attacks.

It is really good for you that you can hide it and you don't seek reassurance,  although some are saying thats speaking to someone can help it a bit.

You should try going to your doctor as they can help in many ways

• Posted

I so feel your pain, I too go about daily & from the outside you wouldn't know anything was wrong, but I feel as if I'm fighting every day with my worrying, something will happen to my husband or children. I play scenarios out in my head on what could happen & how I would cope. Having had issues over the summer with a possible breast cancer my health anxiety is through the roof. I'm having CBT but don't think I'm seeing much improvement at the moment. 

Xx

• Posted

I agree first try going to see doctor and be able to rule out any Illness. Remember everything is preventable if diagnosed with time that way you'll know it is jst ur anxiety
  • Posted

Hi Sharon! I can totally feel your pain. I always worry that something will happen to my husband or baby. I also worry that I have a brain tumour or some kind of cancer. Every little symptom I have I always believe to to be something more than it is and I don't know how to change that way of thinking. All of my blood work has come back normal and the docs don't see any indicators of needing an MRI, so I just have to learn to talk myself down I suppose. Oh and btw, I am always scared to go to the doctors bc of the same reason, that they are going to tell me I am dying!

These feeling and thoughts you have are so common for someone who suffers from anxiety. You just have to remember that that's what it is-anxiety and that it can't hurt you physically! I know easier said than done. However, it does feel good and should help you talking to others like us on these forums. Hope you're feeling better soon smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.