anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, i have resently had a stomache bug and i have a fear of throwing up and its stressing me out. im 14 is it normal to be scared of throwing up. and does anyone have any tips on how to deal with it if it does come to that

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dont eat cookies or you might toss them !!!
  • Posted

Hi. I have that fear as well. I thought I was the only one, as I've never heard anyone else having that fear. I'm sorry that I don't have any tips on how to deal with it. If I get sick, I use China Oil, which helps me a lot. I also try to focus on my breathing. Other than that, hope and pray that it won't come to it... Best of luck xx  
  • Posted

dont watch the walking dead, or the exercoist, and dont ride on high speed trains, plaines or automobiles, these are all sure fire way of getting nausa, but even tho this is said jokeingly we all at one time or another bit in to the Wrong food or went to the wrong party and we survived it and I suspect you will too!, if you are feeling nausa right now, take a tums, or try a short walk to see if either helps, for me, going outside in cold weather helps, or putting face into air conditioner, also the cholerphylll in Celery can help as a really big time stomach setteler , good luck 
  • Posted

Hi Nezy, I have that fear too. On the rare occassion i have been sick and it causes me great anxiety, i find it is best to try not to stop it. I have found that letting the body reject poisons or bugs as a great relief. I still find it difficult and i hate to see or hear anybody else being sick.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

I have exactly the same fear. I've had it since I was young. I've been suffering with it lately as it's flu season and I had a stomach bug this time last year. I wish I could take my own advice here - just relax, breathe and realise that the more you stress out about it the more sick you will feel. Sip a carbonated drink! That helps for me.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.