Anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all! I've been put on 10mg of citalppram for about 3 weeks and the doctor has put it up to 20mg I was to scared as the side effects were awful so decided to just take 15mg. I have now for 4 days. My anxiety has shot through the roof. And hoping it will pass but it makes you feel like your loosing your marbles is anyone else having this as its really getting on my nerves now.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm due to go up to 20mg after my holiday. I was thinking of doing 15mg to help with the side effects. One got anxiety all the time I'm just worried about the feeling sick really. Last time I tried I gave up after 2 days, but know u need to do it this time. Have you noticed any other changes?
    • Posted

I was kind of calm after 2 weeks on 10mg but the effects were really bad, I did have the odd day feeling of anxiety. But this week is really crap, I'm trying to stay positive but it's really hard as my daughters under going chemotherapy so it's really difficult time.
    • Posted

Also my niece said she didn't get any side effects from 10 to 20mg but as for looking at other blogs everyone is different.
    • Posted

Oh dear I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm sure the citalopram will help after a while they did for me last year.
  • Posted

How would you describe anxiety??
    • Posted

I would describe it as tension in my neck, head, jaw very panicky can sit still. Heart pounding now again. Hope it goes
    • Posted

That's how I felt on Wellbutrin, I was afraid of having a heart attack. And all the tension in neck, etc. Plus the sweats at night and couldn't sleep! That's y I went off of it. That can't be good for a person!
    • Posted

It's just absolutely crap, I'm trying to keep it together for everyone but sometimes you feel like your going mad sad x
    • Posted

In a post yesterday you said u had weakness in your neck, does it hurt or it's just weak? My neck hurts, stiff and if someone would grab my shoulders and give me a little shake it dam near put me to my knees! I was on another med. that I was on, but now off of that and still the neck issue! Any in put would be appreciated! Thanks, Beth
    • Posted

My neck is awful but that's cos of the tension of the anxiety I think my whole head hurts I've had bad migraines aswell,
  • Posted

Hey Polly, I was on sertroline for 3 months, then went to Wellbutrin, that was totally horrible. Only on 2 weeks, then cit. for 4 months, I had no problems going on it, the side effects that I hate r weight gain and sex is just to please by partner, no feeling for me in that department. I'm going off it! I went to a naturopath and gunna give that a try, waiting for my stuff to come, but looking forward on getting healthy inside and out!! Good luck🌻
  • Posted

I was wondering the reason why the doc increase the dose.  It seems it is a common practice, but what make the doc to dicide the dose.  Is it based on your reaction or just recommended by the drug company?

Personally, I started with 10 mg and feels too much.  So reduce the dose to 5 mg.  After 5 weeks on 5 mg, I feel great.  No more sides effect, mood is great, no more anxiety.  My point is everyone react differently to the med.  What dose to use should be based on what your body need.  I would discuss this with the doc.

• Posted

Yeah I think I will I did feel a lot calmer on 10mg but had the odd day that I could deal with it yano. It was 20mg but Ive been taking 15mg, I can't imagine how I would feel on 20mg. Yes Drs tomorrow
  • Posted

Polly, the body is adjusting to the meds there will be side effects so now that you know that accept there will be a little anxiety and other weird feelings wink but rest assure ignore your brain and trust that you are on your way to recovery I take 20mg a day and had quite a few side effects however 2 weeks later they are wearing off so I'm hopeful take care my friend best of luck to you.
    • Posted

️️Thankyou for all ur replies has made me feel a lot better will keep you posted 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.