Anxiety

Posted , 9 users are following.

So my anxiety is high has been for 2 days now am scared om freaking out I know it's my anxiety but I need more help I don't want to go on medication don't want to be dependent on it I hatell 5 he way I am I feel like c**p don't feel like me at all

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paul

it does sound like anxiety.  Can you speak to you dr about this?

• Posted

Paul,

i know because I have been there and I know right now you are tired and scared, you feel like nothing makes sense anymore. A little trick here is to relax and I truely mean relax, meditation and relaxation help you get back some control of your mind. Whilst medication can be a scary thought it is just a tool than can help and trust me when I say that living with anxiety and depression takes a lot of effort and most of it has to come from you so don't reject any tool that can help. Keep a journal of your thoughts, especially when you are most anxious because it is not only therapeutic but it will help you understand what is causing your anxiety.

i will leave you digest this information and if you have any questions just ask, stay strong, have courage and know that you have friends here.

David

• Posted

Hi Paul

If you dont want to go on meds that's fine I didn't and got through the hell of anxiety using rescue remedy spray for the awful panic attacks lemon balm capsules daily probiotic suppliment daily and most importantly STOP drinking caffeine and alcohol.  I replaced caffeine and alcohol with camomile tea and other fruit teas along with 1 cup of decaf coffee per day.

You can get through this without meds I did and I was going through hell.

See your GP regarding some CBT.

You tube relaxation and breathing techniques.

All the above worked absolute wonders for me smile

Take care and stay strong

• Posted

Your GP should recommend Mindfulness to you. My therapist started me on it last year but we only had a few minutes. I've been thinking about it a lot recently and have ordered the audio book for Kindle Fire. I am confident it will help me. Perhaps you can find something online about it. Good luck.
  • Posted

write down what your feeling , take lots of exercise, walking gets rid of mine ... find what triggered it off
  • Posted

Just to clarify is there a difference between panic and anxiety.  Paul has anxiety and Mel is takning about panic attacks. Are they the same thing or if one worse than the other.  Does anyone have an answer ?

• Posted

Sorry Joyce I have obviousy not made much sense. In my experience the anxiety leeds to panic which makes us more anxious so its like a vicious circle xx
    • Posted

Thansk Mel - I am just considering medication for anxiety - have tried to deal with myself butnot worked.  I am so tired and not eating, therapist thinks I should do meds as my body is taking abeating.  I am a strong person and feel beaten with this.

• Posted

Hi

Have you tried the rescue remedy and camomile tea Joyce? I know it sounds silly and i sceptical but was prepared to try anything and since i started not having caffeine or alcohol at all dranks lots of camomile tea and using the spray im 95% there. I have not needed my rescue remedy for 6 weeks and i can now be alone or go out the house which was impossible at xmas

Mel xx

• Posted

I keep changing my mind Mel....I dont want meds but I think my probs are different to you.  I can go out of the house etc just have to get used to living alone as my daughter has moved out now.  I work ok...just sleep and adrenelin prob.  If I did not have these I could probably manage and I go away in 6 weeks and wanted to get this sorted.  Tks

• Posted

Every case is different for sure. I was fine for years never suffered at all till it hit me out the blue last year and it pretty much floored me. The camomile tea will help you sleep that is for sure smile i hope you start to feel better soon.

There is light at the end of the tunnel weather its with meds or natural smile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.