Anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Iam not sure how I cope on a day to day basis as I feel awful, cant concentrate, racing heart and sweating.

I started getting these feeling one Saturday night in November whilst having dinner with my husband and son 20 years ago.

I can even remember what I was eating.  I have been on Citalopram all of this time but last December I had a very bad turn and have started taking Quitiepine that has now been increased to 75mgs twice a day does any one else take this and how much do you have to take before you feel better

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried CBT hun? I think the only way to really beat anxiety is to challenge it and eradicate it. Medicine only suppresses it. Xxx
    • Posted

How do you get off the medication, if life feels this bad when taking it how do you cope getting off of it.
  • Posted

Hi Jean, I too suffer from anxiety. It's not easy by any means. Have you tried reflexology or aromatherapy? I am on beta blockers inderal propranalol 80 mg twice a day. I have found health food shops very helpful. Rescue remedy and also Bach flower remedies are great.relaxation is important as well! Regards Amanda
    • Posted

Dear Amanada, many thanks for this, I have not thought of reflexology or aromatherapy, I will have a look into this.  I am going to try a meditation class to see if that helps.  I will also try the health food store as I am clutiching at straws, the only time I feel like myself is when I am having my CBT face to face with William

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.