Anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone with anxiety have trouble sleeping, like they just can't calm down or seem to shut of, or does anyone know anything that can help that, feel like at night i can't get comfortable or stop thinking long enough to sleep😴😴

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have told my doctor loads of times and they don't seem to do anything about it
  • Posted

I never sleep all night sometimes a get some sleep but wake up constantly and some nights do not sleep at all , I have not asked for sleeping tablets so do not know what my Dr,s answer would be ,I have recently started to suffer from really bad anxiety and realise my poor sleep is linked to that .have not slept properly for years 
  • Posted

I don't know why but recently I have been getting 7 hours of sleep. Like a week, 2 weeks ago I barely got 4 hours. On those night when I barely get sleep whenever I'm about to fall asleep my mind forces me to jolt up (at least that's what I think is going on) and then I get scared and I'm either not able to fall back asleep ori go into the cycle where I fall asleep for a few minutes and wake up
  • Posted

I have been like this since I was little. I have been given Trileptal for it and then take alprazolam to relax me enough to get me to sleep. Think I may be a little bi-polar. Don't know if I am but all I know is that I can sleep doing this. Not sure this is what I want though cause I am constantly tired but I have had thyroid issues and am taking meds for that too. Just let your Dr. know that you can't shut your brain off. I just kept telling them that my brain never shuts up. It is always on and they finally got it. Good luck!
  • Posted

I've had problems with getting to sleep and staying asleep on and off for as long as I can remember. It's been really bad for the past few weeks for me so doc put me on mirtazapine, it helps with sleep loads as well as supposedly with anxiety and depression.

Try some natural options first, like not have any stimulants and doing some exercises in the afternoons/evenings. There are loads of good tips on the sleep problems forum here and then if you're still struggling go see your GP and see what they can do for you. Sleep deprivation does make anxiety much worse so definitely try to sort this out for yourself.

All the best,

Anya

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.