Anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

why is the mornings so bad moment I open my eyes I panic I have been taking Citalopram 20mg for just over a week took 10mg for first week

0 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Ok. I know about bad mornings. I would be awake at 3 with the weight of the world on my shoulders. I'm on 20mg and its 95% better. Keep taking the pills as they say.
  • Posted

Barbara, you sound like your going through the same as me. I started with 10 thrn upped to 20 nearly 2 weeks ago. Today is the first day I woke up and did not have a racing heart and panick feeling. Not sure of its because i woke up telling myself to count and breath or if its actual progress. I find my days are finally starting to get better other than the shakes and fatigue. I have been off work 2 weeks and go back tomorrow. Trying not to dwell on that part! It will get better, i beleive it will and keep tellibg myself that!
  • Posted

Barbara it will get better.  I've had exactly the same.  I don't know why the panic hits you the minute you wake ..... maybe your body anticipating 'just another' day?  As I recovered I found that my morning panic wasn't an indication to how the rest of the day would be ....... it would wear off during the day ... but of course it would hit me again the next day.  Slowly it stopped though and eventually I began to wake feeling calm, and the ultimate was when I woke and I felt all cosy and happy.

It'll happen for you too.  Give it loads of time ..... as long as it wants :-)

K x

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply try and keep in touch with me having real bad day today many thanks
    • Posted

Hi Barbara,

I am in same place at the moment. Just started citalopram alongside mirtazapine which been on for 10 weeks and not working by itself. I'm only taking half a 10mg tablet at the minute to minimise side effects but anxiety so horrendous from about 4am that have taken 6mg diazepam between then and midday just to function!! I know not a longterm solution and already panicking as doc won't give me anymore and I need to be brave and go up to the 10mg citalopram.

Life proper sunx at times!!

• Posted

I really feel for you going through this time some days I think when will it get better. !  People have said it will get better keep in touch please 💝💝
    • Posted

Definitely will keep in touch, it helps to talk to others in same situation. I've only felt like this for 10 weeks but its 10 weeks too long and the anxiety is so much worse since starting citalopram but I am trying to remain positive it will kick in and work as was on this combo before years ago after having post natal depression.
    • Posted

Hope you keep in touch yes it's good to talk, take care if you ever want my telephone no just ask 🌸
    • Posted

Cool thanks. Do you take citalopram at night or in morning? I take mine at teatime when force myself to eat as little appetite atm. X
    • Posted

barbara 39684. That's ok seem to be having few problems anyway I take mine in the morning with a peice of toast forced down 
    • Posted

And does it affect your sleep? When seems to be the best time of your day? Did you start on 10mg straight away or break it down? How long have you been on it now? Sorry you've probably answered lot of this already x
    • Posted

barbara39684 I started on 10mg for about 10 days and have been on 20mg for just over a week really bad day today thou
    • Posted

Bless you and you have managed with no shortterm things for anxiety? That's amazing if so. Is it more depression or anxiety that on it for? Mine is both x
    • Posted

In short no!! Still have zero enthusiasm for life and my parents are helping lots with cooking and childcare etc. I have had a week off as moved from the old family home to a flat for me and my kids as relationship broke up in Feb which was a good thing. My anxiety is mainly the fact I'm not feeling better after 10 weeks on mirtazapine and only been on citalopram few days and anxiety so much worse but need to get through it to hopefully feel better in however many weeks. Dreading the morning and needing to go back to work when will feel sweaty, scared and hopeless x
    • Posted

barbara39684. You poor thing I live alone my family grown up I have a daughter in law who is not helpful at all and my sons don't really understand ! I have some good friends but can't keep calling on them x
    • Posted

How are you this morning? After feeling ok ish last night I am a mass of anxiety this morning and had to take my daily allowance of diazepam since 5am just to get me and kids up anytime to work :-( when will I feel normal again?
    • Posted

barbara39684 hi worse nite I've had ever panic attack at 3 this morning I to have had to take diazepam as you said when will this end so yes no how your feeling xx
    • Posted

Awful!! Anxiety bit better due to the diazepam but really depressed now. Gotta go to work and try to hold it together x
    • Posted

Back at the emergency gp's..I can't continue feeling how I'm feeling, I need my life back!! Also need other anxiety meds other than diazepam as becoming addicted to those and they've won't prescribe more!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.