Anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

why is the mornings so bad moment I open my eyes I panic I have been taking Citalopram 20mg for just over a week took 10mg for first week

0 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Barbara how has your day been? I have a total new plan if attack from docs. Stop mirtazapine and citalopram by Friday and start on venlafaxine nx Monday. Feel like stopping and just not starting the venlafaxine and seeing how I am totally drug free but that's prob not the best idea x
    • Posted

barbara39684 I had awful day panic attack 3oclock this morning and feeling sick I don't think you should come off melds I no I feel like but will keep going got doctors in 10 days myself if I'm no better I will see what he says how have you been today xxx
    • Posted

Ladies ..... remember Citalopram takes around 3-4 months to work.  You won't feel any benefit yet, and this is where many give up thinking they aren't getting better.  You are.  The medicine is working in the background and will take time before it kicks in.

You're still going to feel rubbish for a while yet - but keep with it, through everything, through all the anxious ridden mornings, whatever is thrown at you - it WILL get better, and oh boy ..... the wait is worth it.

It was the best thing I ever did - after 15!years of being ill, I recovered.  It does work :-)

K x

• Posted

Barbara 39684 thank you for your positive message I feel awful again this morning about to give up I'm suffering terrible nauseous keep in touch please with your encouragement
    • Posted

Hi Barbara,

Well I have been taken off citalopram and have to half mirtazapine til Friday then have nothing Saturday and Sunday before starting venlafaxine on Monday. Scared to start over with something new but I couldn't continue with way am feeling. Increased sweating and vivid dreams since halving the mirtazapine but slightly less anxious bow off the citalopram xx

• Posted

barbara39684 hi I really hope it works for you how you feeling this morning I'm not as bad as I was yesterday thank god  ! Please keep in touch with me it's so good to talk and see how your doing good luck 💓
    • Posted

Anxiety slightly better I think this morning although still had a diazepam at 5 ish. I am anxious re starting the new med on Monday and feel like going drug free but doubt doc would agree xx
    • Posted

barbara39684 once again good luck hope it works we will keep in touch daily to give each other incentive, what part of the country do you live I live in South Wales xx
    • Posted

Yes definitely keep in touch, my number if prefer to text is 07715642578.. I live in Herts but until recently was seeing a guy who lives in cardiff but the distance proved too much :-(
    • Posted

barbara39684 how strange did you ever come to Cardiff? My no is 07814086423 tx me anytime he a good day I hope your children are ok 💞
    • Posted

I have been on Citalopram for 2 weeks today feel no improvement awful side effects what do you think ?
    • Posted

What dosage are you on? I was on 10 and was upped to 20mg. I had aweful side effects at the beginning. (sweats, shakes, dry mouth, anxiety worsening) Now I have been about 3 weeks on 20mg and my side effects are shakey, dry mouth and night waking. 
    • Posted

barbara39684 I'm on 20 mg have been for two weeks has your panic attacks stopped and is your anxiety any better
    • Posted

The panic attacks are not as often and my anxiety has lessened somewhat. However mornings are still bad for me. Thats where I have the worst anxiety in the day. I wake up with 50 thoughts in my head spinning and my tummy is upset. I am working on trying to tell myself to breath as I wake up.. Relax and get out of bed. Thats a good start.  I take my pill in the morning and wondering if I should take it at night instead if that would help . I went back to work on Monday of this week and am hoping that as I catch up at work and get used to being back I will have less anxiety when waking.  Also, my sleep is being affected again.. waking multiple times a night. I have been told that it can take a month or more to feel full effects of the CIt.. So I am hoping this is the case.  On the plus side, I only burst into tears 2 times a week instead of nearly every day!  PROGRESS. I hope you are able to find something to help you to cope as well. 
    • Posted

barbara39684 my worse time is mornings too awful I take a 2mg diazepam and try breathing I can't face work and can't face going out some days I'm going to doctor this afternoon wish I could have glass of wine in the evenings thank you for replying
    • Posted

My doctor only gave me 11 days off so I had to go back to work., I am lucky that my job is supportive however I do wonder if I came back far too soon. I have Lorazepam 2mg but I have not taken them as I am trying to deal with it on my own, as hard as is it. Never been a big pill person so I think that is part of it as well.

Wine.. sigh I miss wine. I wondered about having a glass as well and see if it does anything with the drug. Hope your day gets better!  XX

• Posted

Hi I've been on Citalopram for two weeks just come from doctors he wants me to keep trying with them have to see him in two weeks time I can stand most things but not the morning panics x
    • Posted

I agree with you, morning panics are the worst for me as well. They are getting less and less for me (3 weeks on 20mg) .  X
    • Posted

Barbara 39684 feeling awful this morning really anxious been on 20mg for just over 2 weeks
    • Posted

Oh no! Did you have a rough night of wakefullness as well? Are. You able to get up and find something to calm your thoughts? Hope your day gets better fast!!!
    • Posted

Barbara - remember, it takes around 3-4 months before you start feeling any benefit.  2 weeks and you're still getting side effects which will probably be with you for a few more yet.  You are going to feel anxious in the mornings for a while yet ... but, it will ease in time.

its small progress month by month - not week by week.

When I recovered from 15 years of depression, it took a good 3-4 months before I felt any small benefit, and then a further 2 months before I felt really well and myself again.  Early morning anxiety was the last thing that disappeared for me.

There does seem to be a usual process that everyone goes through, albeit different time lengths.

This medicine is not a quick fix ... but, it is does fix if you persevere.  You won't see the light at the end of the tunnel for a while yet, but the small glimmer will start to happen in time, and that glimmer will grow and grow over months until the bright light is around you all the time.

Keep on pushing through ... you'll get there.

K x

• Posted

barbara39684

thank you but at the moment I can't see the wood for the trees ! I hate going to sleep because I'm afraid to wake up

• Posted

Know exactly how that feels ..... even though you hate that dreaded morning anxiety, maybe try and look on it as 'another day to tick off and nearer to recovery'.

Its hard to feel positive when you're in the grip of it all ... but you're on the right road.  It's all worth it in the end :-)

K x

• Posted

Barbara 39684

thank you so much please keep in touch with your encouragement x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.