Anxiety

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

The past couple of nights I have been feeling jumpy on the inside while sleeping. Currently, I'm on 100mg of Zoloft and .05 of clonazepam which I take I tablet a night for sleep along with Zoloft. It has been working like a charm for the past 4 months however these last few days i haven't been getting good sleep. I was wondering if I should an additional half a pill of the clonazepam along with the one I already take?

Any suggestions???

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Should take an additional
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Klonopin is addicting which means tolerance is built up and you need more for it to work. You have a choice here take more klonopin and eventually build up a tolerance or tiny oiece by piece wean off the klonopin you use now and ask the docor if there is another pill you can use that is not addicting. There are alternatives but klonopin might interfere with them so when you are all done weaning off of it, which will take a while as it has a long half life then you will be easily able to use a safer alternative.im a bit surprised you were given klonopin to use everyday for sleep. benzos are well known to be addicting and to wean off takes a ling time.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Do not raise the klonopin its addicting and you are building a tolerance.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you so much! I definitely won't raise. However, I'm nervous about the weaning off process. I guess I have to talk to my doctor conserning it. My anxiety is really bad when not on meds. Maybe, I should raise the Zolft?
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up