Anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

18 days on Sertraline 50mg, still restless and anxious, I think is gone down a little bit, cannot do my normal things, and cannot stop moving aimlessly, my stomach seems more settle, my blood pressure is rather high, Worried about it, maternal side with cardiovascular deaths. 

I am scared

1 like, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

I think it was explained to you yesterday it takes AD's up to 6 weeks to work.

Consider therapy to learn how to cope with anxiety

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

dear ïsabel i sufđr from chronic anxiety and panic disorder. restless. agitated. worried anxious conrtantly about my health i also got derealistaion from it. today is my 1st day of 25 mg setraline. woke up dizzy nauseous. i took it last night and 2 hours after i had diahorream ive lost my appetite too bv that was before the setraline. im scared too.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Dear Elaine, my symptons are the usual, tommy trouble, ie loose stools, not too bad this time, shaking, hot & cold, appetite nil, and what is worse for me is restless and anxious, but saying that after 18 days seems lighter, I started to eat, forcing myself, but not as bad as a week ago. Everyone is different, because I have it, you could be different. No rules.

Don't loose heart, I can assure you, patience, this will pass. If you are worried, try not to, (difficult). If is stressing you go to your Dr. They help.

try to have a good day, if not tomorrow will

All the best xxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

thank you im trying ive got terrible health anxiety and im a hypochondriac i worry alot about littie things. i pace up and down and i chatter with my mind trying to find answers. it got so bad i lost my appetite too scared to eat thinking that i might be sick due to stomache cancer i know its in my mind but i änt switch it off.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

give the sertraline another week my love it took four weeks for mine to keep in but i believe for some people its up to six weeks I have the same my mother had a weak heart but she smoked and drank she smoked more that she drank but I dont do either ive never smoked and very rarely drink, i have been checked for leaky valves and all sorts my father on the other hand is nearly eighty and fit as a fiddle so hopefully I will take after him health wise it will get better with the meds keep going 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks Sue for your reply, it's beeing easier a "bit" today. I noticed. But the mornings till late afternoon still bad. I should know this is my third recurrence, the previous one was murder, this time I think I got it early, as I am familiar with the starting symptoms.

Tanks again x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I feel so sorry for you if you are restless(akathesia). I have that often. I am coming off of Paxil and possibly staying on Prozac I started. I'm scared this anxiety and restless feeling will stay. I have horrible nausea also.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up