Anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

My name is Amy and i am only 14 and i have terrible anxiety. I even get nervous just to go out to eat with my family,and when i am out to eat with them my heart beats really fast and i feel like im gonna cry and pass out. I have always hated being the center of attention. I used to just get anxiety when i got called on in class unexpectedly but it has gotten so much worse. I had one panic attack because i knew i was getting an award and had to go infront of the whole school and get it. After that i have been getting terrible anxiety . Even when i am just talking to my family like i always do. Just today,i went to a new church and i got so nervous i thought i was gonna throw up. After that i have been searching the internet to see what is wrong . My sister is the only one who knows about this but all she says is there is something seriously wrong with you,that doesnt help me it just makes me feel worse. My mother some what knows but she isnt any help either,i have always been so strong but i am afraid that one day i am just going to explode from keeping all of this in. I am not and never will be suicidal but i really just want to get this behind me and go on with my life. I currently just moved and i am going to go to a new school at the end of summer. That is worse than all of this stuff so im affraid that i will just have a panic attack in the middle of school and there is know one i know there to support me. I know i am not the only one but right now it feels like i am. I have never been to the doctor and i am affraid to ask my mom because i feel like i am gonna cry when i ask her. My sister will just make fun of me and my dad will just be super sarcastic about all of it. I just need to learn how to deal with it,i have tried breathing in through my nose and blowing out throught my mouth but that just makes is worse. I really need help but i cant go to the doctors,i have to much going on and i dout my mom will even take me. Please give me some tips if any of you have gone through this same thing and conquered it.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Most likely either you mom or dad do anxiety too. Asking for help, or tLking abiut something like this for the fime can be very scary but is worth it. If you cant say and explain it then say it ll in a letter. Say everything and give  examples. Be very honest. Then put the letter in your parents room where they will see it, by the bedside. Thats it then just wait and see what happens. No one wants their child to feel that way. You need to tell them. You really do not have to keep this a secret, some help can fo a long way. Go for it.
  • Posted

Id go to your most understanding parent alone and tell them you really need to talk,just the two of you. Sounds like your mom since your dad is sarcastic. You dont need sarcasm. Anxiety is very common,you have NOTHING to feel ashamed of. Anyone who makes fun of it is the one who has the problem. I have a son with anxiety,i have anxiety,he and I talk about it all the time. Tell your mom exactly how you feel. I would always want my child to tell me their problems. That is what a parent is for to be there for their children. Keep us posted. Xx
  • Posted

Hi.Yes definitely speak to your mum. Pick your moment when it's just the two of you when you both have the time to talk this through properly. It may take your mum time to understand as if she has never experienced it herself she may not understand at first. I can remember my mum saying things like pull yourself together ! For me not to be weak and stand up for myself.So maybe prepare yourself for that it may not happen she may be great and understand immediately.I think my mum just wanted me to be ok so tried to ignor it at first.Just ask if she can come the docs with you and she can listen to what you are saying and the docs replies who has hundreds of patients just lke you. It can be controlled but you sometimes need help with it to learn coping strategies. My daughter gets it too she is 17 but I recognise it in her and we talk situations through very often.It will all be okay.Your sister won't be any help as my daughter sister is the same almost finds it amusing but that's just sisters and immaturity in years to come she will get it. Xxx
  • Posted

Hi, Amy:

You sound like me when I was your age, or even younger.  I live in the USA, and I was born anxious.  I had the best mom and dad and sister in the world, but everything made my heart speed up, even going to the grocery store for something for mom.  In school, I made pretty good grades, but I don't know how because my anxiety got worse and worse until it went into anorexia and I almost died.  Back then, 1960, it was pretty much unheard of to get on antidepressants or antianxiety drugs but you are very blessed now because it is not shameful anymore.  Sweetie, I urge you to see a doctor and get help.  Anxiety and depression only gets worse the longer it is allowed to keep going.  Depression has a mind of its own, and it takes over your mind as you get older.  I am now 68 yrs. old, but until I realized that I had to have the right meds to produce serotonin it would not get better.  I am finally in a good place in life where I still have some anxiety and depression, but I can keep it under control by going to the doctor every three months and keeping my meds at a steady pace...Please do that for this old lady...I would hate for you to end up having a miserable life like I did...Take care, sweetie, and keep us informed...Show your mom this message if you like...she will understand....xxxooo

• Posted

I think that basically you are shy and this is exacerbating your anxiety symptoms.

you need to do some confidence boosting exercises in the community to improve your social skills.  I hope that helps you a little bit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.