Anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I was feeling fine this morning, then all of a sudden the back of my neck started feeling weird. But even before that my heart is feeling weird and I get a pain around my chest on the left side. Sometimes a sharp or even burning sensation. Then I get light headed, and my legs feel a little weak. Also I shake. I wish for everyone and myself this could all just stop. Does anyone have any coping skills they use to help them?

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

After weeks of going thru all that I finally went to doctor and was diagnosed with panic disorder. Never have had it in my life im almost 32. I am currently taking medication. Day 13. Having side effects and it does increase anxiety at  the beginning. Which then causes all those things all over. Have you been to your doctor? I also started therapy las night
    • Posted

I' have been to a doctor they said it was just stress, they did several test and my heart was fine and my brain was also good. I think I may want to try therapy?
    • Posted

My first Therapy session last night went really well. I think it's def gonna be beneficial in my recovery from this. If it really gets bad enough, I would def ask them about putting you on something. I mean I really hate the fact that I have to take something, but there are just some things I can't do on my own and need some help. Like I said I'm only on day 13 but From everything I've read on here and what my doctor has told me, it's not gonna last forever. So I'm doing my best to stay positive! Don't sit on it too long, it will get really bad. Do something about it now!
    • Posted

No Problem! I'm glad I found this site! There are so many of us here suffering and it's great that we can all meet here and vent and boost each other back up! smile Take Care!! Feel better!
    • Posted

I'm glad that you're persevering with the medication - lots of people get this in the early days of taking meds, but by six weeks you should be starting to feel better. If you're NOT feeling better, there are loads of other meds your doctor can prescribe.

And I'm very happy that you started therapy! Please come back to this forum and tell us how things are going for you. love Tess

• Posted

Okay, Stephanie, go for it! The therapy, I mean. it is often very difficult for a sufferer of health anxieety to figure out when and why it started. God Bless. Love Tess
    • Posted

I definitely will!! This site has been amazing. I'm so glad to have so many people I can talk to that can relate!! 😊
  • Posted

Have you seen you doctor about all thee symptoms, Stephanie? It's very important that you get everything checked.

I'm guessing that you have, since you're asking for coping skills.

Try to distract yourself with music, going for a walk, singing, reaading a really good book - and if your doctor has already told you that you have anxiety disorder,  ask for therapy. It seems to be the best option for most sufferers of this horrible anxiety. Please stay with us and tell us how things are going. love Tess

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.