Anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've recently been ill with gastritis, I'm getting better though with tablets and a change diet, but recently started to feel like head is gonna blow up!!

I feel nervous some parts of the day but then it goes it's just this feeling in my head that I can't shift. The doctor has put me on propanol I think it's spelt but I've been on these since last Thursday and I still feel like poop.

My mum thinks I've gone like this cause I was ill for a couple of months and it's taken its toll....

Does anybody else feel like this?????

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yea I've felt that. Way before. Butits just anxiety..the way mine was bad I constantly. Worry and couldn't sleep at night

..its just anxiety. Nothing. To worrying. About

• Posted

Oh I also started therapy and found out that pills make. U get worse. Try rosemary .. thats a herb to let your mind relax.it has worked for me
    • Posted

Rosemary what? What is it? I have never heard of it? I can sleep at night but my head is like a brick, the tablets I'm on for gastritis I'm thinking could be the side effects?

• Posted

Hi Nae, Pills don't always make one worse. I lucked out on the very first one my doctor tried. I was a basket case when I dragged myself into urgent care, a quivvering mass of terror over what was happening to me. . I am still on the meds and the doctor will be reducing the dose soon. I am coming along well.

What the meds do for a lot of people is to calm them enough to think straight again, and start to search for ways to help themselves as you are doing. That is how I found this forum. It has helped me a great deal, and now, combined with my years as a ounselor, I am able to help others through the maze of anxiety.

As you are one of the fortunate ones that can handle anxiety without meds, I am very, very happy for you.biggrin Unfortunately, that is not true of all anxiety sufferers. As you know there are degrees of anxiety and different types of anxiety. I have GAD to a very high degree.

i'm very glad to see you here. A big grandma  hug to you.

• Posted

That can happen but they work for half the people,who use them.not a long term cure at all. Just to helo you until you get the help to,learn the skills and tool and acceotance to manage it. Alternative medicine offers a lot of helo as well. 
  • Posted

Some medications take time to work full strength in the body. Drugs are not my specialty, but there are people here who know quite a bit, and one is an expert. i learn a lot from her and from others in this forum. We are all here for each other.

Have you talked to your doctor or pharmacist about how long this drug takes to do the job? Five days isn't very much.

I was just put on medication for something else and asked how long until I would really feel relief. i was told by pharmacist two to three weeks. That feels like a long time, but the symptoms are so awful that if I only have to wait a week or two to feel really good again, to me that is worth it. What did the doctor put you on the midication for....gastritis or anxiety, Ledgy?

With anxiety, all of us here have the full scale of anxiety symptoms to some degree, including the ones you mentioned. Looking forward to hearing from you. wink

• Posted

Hi cia, I was put on ranitadine and lansoprozole for gastritis and when I went back a week today he put me on bedranol for my anxiety cause I told him I was doing very well.

I dnt no what's worse the tension in my head or the nervous feeling.

I have never been like this in 31 years and only started like this since my illness came. Now my illness has gone but now I'm like this

• Posted

My gastritis is gone now, but I am still careful with raw veggies, and only a litle milk. Veggies are easier to digest when at least lightly steamed, anyway.

I have also learned to chew much more thoroughly, and not to wash down food with a liquid.

• Posted

Please please please eliminate dairy. After being ill from gastritis your body can change and you can become intolerant to different things. In the last few months I have become intolerant to dairy. Even the slightest drop of milk makes me feel spaced out and zoned out like I have no concentration and I am a by stander in my own life. Lasts for a week but I have finally weaned myself off dairy & feel better. I'm not sure if an allergy test will show the intolerance but it sounds like the gastritis has changed something in your gut. I know it's daunting. I used to be the biggest cheese eater in the world but try rude health almond milk & oats for breakfast (it's the only alternative milk I could find without a thickening agent) or eggs on toast and look on the net for lots of dairy free ideas. Good luck and hope this helps you. You will need to stay off dairy for about a month I think to see the difference.

• Posted

Thank you happy for your advice I will certainly look into it to see if it changes it all 😀 Every little bit of infomation helps
  • Posted

Also for me I found going off dairy made me feel normal. Didn't need to take pills.

• Posted

Are you getting help from a professional in changing your diet? Make sure you're getting all your nutrients.

• Posted

Rosemary is a herb plant you can google
    • Posted

I've been reading into things that helps people who suffer with gastritis what to eat and what not to

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.