Anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm new on here but feel I need someone to talk to. I've suffered with anxiety since I was around 7-8 years old, I'm 28 now. I'm married with a beautiful 2 year old. It started with a fear of sickness I used to have panic attacks on a regular basis and never spoke about it to anyone. I've recently began feeling anxiety bad again! I'm always so anxious and worried about illness or a fear of dying and leaving my husband and son alone! Once I get the thought into my head it doesn't leave for days. I get chest pains, shortness of breath and just generally feelin unwell. I haven't spoken to anyone about this since I was younger as I've always felt I could control it but it's starting to take over me! I wouldn't say I'm a unhappy person I love my life and my family greatly but I just have days were I feel down and can't snap out of it. It doesn't always last all day either sometimes it's just a few hours then I feel better. Would be great to speak to people about this and who maybe feel the same. Kayleigh.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello, Kayleigh. I'm so sorry to hear that you've been experiencing these negative feelings. It's important to know, as you seem to, that they're just the result of your anxiety. I came to this forum not long ago for the same reasons -- I was experiencing lots of general and health anxiety, had chest pains and shortness of breath, and felt as if something were badly wrong with me...as if, despite the positive test results, I were going to die soon. What I didn't know is that other people have the same feelings and that all of this can be (and is) caused by having anxiety disorder. Because I'm still sorting this all out for myself, the best advice I can give you is to research your anxiety and to consider therapy as an option for healing. The objective is just to feel better so that you can get more out of life...for you, and your family! smile Browse this site a little...I've found so many people like us with similar feelings and symptoms. It's helpful to know that you're not alone. 

Much Love, 

Nick 

• Posted

I have come to realize that I think a lot of us were things wrong to ourselves. Almost likely visualize the Darkside for ourselves. Instead of constantly saying you don't want or what you fear try saying what do you do you want and what you love. It's actually really easy and it doesn't ignore the things I fear oit's just worded differently so your brain isn't constantly bombarded with the negative things and almost prophesizing illness to appear. For example headaches normally we would say I hate headaches I hope I don't get a headache oh my god this headaches going to ruin my day but why does this headache feel like this: I hope it doesn't get worse than this…  instead you say I love when my head feels good. I could think so clearly when my head feels good. I Have a wonderful day with a clear head that feels good.  Try that. 

• Posted

I hooe that made sense. You poisioning yourself with the way you worry so its almost like brainwashing and the brain and body have no clue in reality. Somword it from the brighter side. Reasin is you most definetly say these thiughts a thiusand times a day..until it manifests..so wording it different changes the whole feeling of it where if you are going to brainwash yourself it is in a positive way.   One thing here we are all prifiecient at making negative thiughts apoear as negative feelings in the body and even illness..so goal is to reverse it.
    • Posted

This site has a glitz where it restarts so im sorry abt the typos. Everytime i went to fix them it restarted and i had to start over. Or its my iPad i dont know but sorry.
  • Posted

You're doing well Kayleigh, I'd say take a trip to your go and have a chat about your concerns.

Is there anything that has happened recently or something in the past that has resurfaced and possibly triggered your anxiety?

Anxiety is a horrible horrible expiernece, and I sympathise won you.

When you get those negative worries in your mind try and counter balance them with the positives in your life, as you said you love your life so pin point in your mind on all the good things you have and have done and are looking forward to in your times of negativity. When you get your tight chest, try breathing slowly, count to 10 or even 20. Just stop for a minute and clear your mind, focus on what's around you.. what you see, what you hear ., and listen to your heart rate while breathing, acknowledge it slowing down and coming to normal Rythm again. These are little tips that I use on a daily basis. Hope all goes well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.