Anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello I have bin suffering depression and anxiety for 3 months now I have bin doctors and they have prescribed me citalopram 20mg they gave me worse panic attacks then I was put on sertraline that made me more panicky cudnt sleep waking up fearful and anxious and shaky so then she end up putting me on propranolol which still made me physically ill then I was put on citalopram 10mg which I had taken in the morning I felt very badly sick dizzy all time even when sat down so then I took them in evening which made me sleepy but wudnt let me sleep.. I felt very awful couldn't deal with the side effects anymore cudnt deal with my children whilst on them so I came off them 4 days ago I have bin able to sleep but waking up with chest pains still feeling anxiousness dizzy and also headache..I have doctors tomorrow but fed up of feeling the way I am every time I have chest pain I feel dizzy I keep sweating up and my body feels all achy can anyone give me advice if this is still anxiety please and if anybody else is feeling the same

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hello

sorry to hear ur story , but i think u need to be patient to recover from depression and anxiety

jumping from medication to other make it difficult to deal with ur issue

i think u most be patient in order to be good again

give at lest 3 mounts

2 weeks or so all side effect will slowly will dispersed

it's up to u

but that what i think

i hope that my word will not bother u

i hope u will be will soon

good luck

• Posted

Hi, it sounds like you perhaps didn't give either the citalopram or the sertraline enough time to have a positive effect. It is very tough particularly in the first 2 weeks but if you want to feel better, you have to grit your teeth and stick it out, back up meds to help with the side effects are really useful but like Roby said, you have to be patient and you will come through feeling so much better. Good luck

• Posted

I went through the same issues, I was in really bad shape two months ago. I couldn't sleep, wake up feeling like I'm gonna die. My shirt would be wet from sweat around my neck. The chest pains are from the way you are breathing, you always feel on edge, huh? I was prescribed 10mg citalopram the very first time I went to the hospital thinking I was having a heart attack. I was always scared to take it, I heard what it can do to you. But on October 7, I decided enough was enough. I gave them a try, and they made me feel worse! I had the worst panic attack I ever had on my 3rd day. I just fought through it. It's been 66 days now on 10mg citalopram, and I'm in much better shape. I'm up to 6 hrs of sleep without disturbance, and I'm feeling happier. There are days where I feel panic, it subsides within an hour. You should really give the medication a chance. I always thought I could do it on my own, but failed every time and it just got worse over time. I lost my job, my girlfriend, and had to sale my stuff to make ends meet. Now I'm more confident and looking for employment. It's a slow process, trust me I wouldn't wish what we have on anyone. You need to practice belly breathing, and give citalopram a chance. It will take 4-6 weeks, but they do work. Your chest pains will go away, because you will be more calm. As long as you had seen a doctor and they ruled out any other health issues. I had every side effect from the medication, but after 3 weeks they were gone. Let me know what you decide, either way I'm here to help.

Jonny

• Posted

I agree with what the others have said. I started citalopram 3 1/2 weeks ago and it's only the last few days that I have really felt a change. The first week was horrendous the second slightly better and now I have no side effects and my anxiety is almost gone. At first I didn't think I could do it but I persevered and I'm so thankful I did. We are all here if you need support. 🙂

• Posted

Hi I'm going to drs today asap because I can't cope with the anxiety it's going through the roof!! I'm sick of it all I don't have faith at the moment it's so scary I switched from citalopram to sertraline and I'm not sure it's working for me let's see what dr says .... I wouldn't wish this illness on anyone it's sooo hard to get through sorry to b a misery 

• Posted

I never knew anxiety caused such terrible problems and the treatment with antidepressants is truly awful. If it wasn't for this forum with the encouragement of others in the same boat I think I would have quite the citalopram. I still have poor sleep and terrible leg pains which may be restless leg syndrome but other than that so much better. Hang on in there Julie you will come through and feel so much better very soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.