Anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

So sorry but i'am new at this service and I never know if i'am on the right page to request a discussion. So sory if wrong. What are your procedure to get mind of off anxiety when your quite?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I can empathise.

anxiety is very debilitating and when out of control causes severe difficulties with daily life.  

I have tried yoga, meditation, CBT and medications and am still in the trap.  

If its bad you need to see dr for meds.

• Posted

My psychiatrist always advised getting up and doing something really mundane and basic if anxiety begins spiralling while you are resting. He said potting a plant or gardening, washing dishes, dusting and other mechanical chorse help diffuse the anxiety and tension build-up.

I had huge problems with anxiety when trying to fall asleep and i gradually trained my self to blank out my brain and senses and fall asleep easier. Stretching helped me as did self-massage of neck, arms and upper arms. I still do this years after completing my therapy whenever i feel I am getting tense.

Contact with water is therapeutic too.

Concentrating on releasing tension from every part of your body starting from toes and working your way up towards the top of your head helps reestablish connection with your body and begins to put you back in charge of these tensing responses that anxiety causes.

Hope you feel better soon.

Have you been suffering with anxiety long? Do you have a doctor or therapist helping you through this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.