anxiety

Posted , 9 users are following.

i have got axiety back had it many years ago whent doctors monday he gave me citalopram 10 mg put iam scared to take them reading all side affects they say it gets worse before it gets better realy this is a nightmare can not sleep at nights any advice 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Keith it does get worse before it gets better but I'm 3 months on them now and completely feeling nearly back to myself which I never thought would happen.give them a go the side effects don't last that long.

• Posted

thanks louise i dident think i would be like this again i suspect the hardest thing is trying to get off them some dont know wot anxiety is like its a nightmare thank you 
    • Posted

I know it's the worst thing ever.i didnt know what was going on when I got it.dong know why I got but its horrid .

• Posted

All medications have side effects.

10 mg is a lighter dose.

I would take it - has been a tremendous help to me - just my own opinion.

• Posted

When I first got on it I took it at night before bed. I slept through all the initial stuff. Then after 3 weeks I switched to taking it in the mourning.
    • Posted

did you have any side effects how long have you been on them 
    • Posted

I did have a little. I got hot flashes night sweats felt a little shakey a little dizzy upset stomach. But each day got better. That why I switched it to taking it at night for a couple weeks then it all went away. I would do it all over again to feel the relief I got from the medication. Plus I had the support of everyone here.
  • Posted

Hi Keith

I was also put o n 10mg and for me the anxiety did not get worse. Things improved gradually over a 2 week period and really really worked brilliantly.

• Posted

I'm on it as well. Side effects are there, don't get me wrong. But it is def something you can get through. The results are worth it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.