Anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Scared because ever since I got anxiety I have to constantly clear my throat and now I have a pain in right side of throat under jaw but no swelling but when I search my symptoms in Google it says I could have throat cancer which is really scared as anyone else had these symptoms

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have anxiety. I noticed couple years ago l constantly clear throat an also swallow a lot. Don't notice when busy .when I notice l I'm doing it a lot (say when sitting watching tv) lstart to do it more. Obvious it's anxiety but wish I could just stop it. Have to stop googling cos anxiety talks y us it's always the worst possible ailment( rink it's just a habit now. If your doing it a lot would explaiall pains but if worried ask doc or may refer you to ear/nose/ throat clinic. Hope helps??

• Posted

Anxiety does cause a large number of physical symptoms and because you are on high alert constantly everything is highlighted.Tight muscles in your neck and jaw cause your symptoms.Please never Google your symptoms when you are anxious.If you are still unsure go to your GP.
  • Posted

Hi Ashley, I'm Simon's daughter Becky I get a lot of throat problems because

Of a problem in my digestive system which gives me problems with the amount of acid my stomach

Creates, luckily it's not at all serious and all I have to do is gargle with corsodyl each night and it stops me from

Getting infections and pain. I suggest you try it . I really really don't think you have

Cancer , I think you have a problem like mine, but you could also have something

Like tonslitis or nodes. The place you have pain is where I had pain when I had nodes , if you think it's nodes , as long as you are not an aspiring singer

Don't talks much for a couple of days and they should be better.

I suggest you should get some antiseptic throat rise or sweets and see if that helps .?

• Posted

Hi Ashley,

It is a very bad move to google symptoms which nearly always translate into something sinister but incorrectly so.

You are probably now suffering health anxiety too.

Chances are you will be fine my friend.

Believe me I have been down this road before big time, take a look at my threads..

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/my-experience-with-globus-hystericus-pharyngis-34900

And

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/are-any-visitors-currently-suffering-with-globus-my-update-so-far-35368

• Posted

It's on the right side of throat lower than jaw it hurts when I deep breath sometimes but it comes and goes it's scared when u see stuff on Google

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.