Anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I hope someone can help me I had an account but I don't know what happened to it... anyway on Saturday I was involved in a bad car accident with my friend 2 of my nieces and one of my nephew... my friend and I got busted up knees and shoulders and bruises due to the seatbelts lucky no one got seriously hurt I had bad health anxiety before this but lately I have anxiety all day I wasn't driving my friend was it was her car I feel bad for her cause she has no car now.. when they took us to the ER the only thing hurting me was my shoulder knees and the bruises we'll come Sunday pains that weren't hurting me on Sunday started hurting like my neck Sunday I noticed a spot in the back of my head is hurting at the base of my scull my mom says could be from getting throw around in the car but it worries me cause I wasn't complaining of any head pain or neck pain they didn't do a CT or anything like that just x-rays oh my chest and shoulders... went to the doctor today and told him he said that even though I wasn't complaining they should of still some the CT scan due to airbag deployment I told him about the spot the spot in my head he agreed with my mom and said it could be from being in the car wreak but if it's still hurting in a few weeks to come back and he would do his own head and neck CT I'm really worried I worry all the time besides my brother giving me a ride home the night of the wreak when I was discharged from the ER today was my first day in a car and I was scared the whole time and I'm scared for other people around me to drive can anyone give me an advice on how to handle this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi sounds like counceling would help. People who been in car accidents often fear getting back in a car they are told to do it straight away and not avoid it but with anxiety this will be even worse . Anxiety will tell u the worst will happen again ( plays with our heads. Sad , but car accidents happen everyday (think of it as oh, i tripped and fell on stairs)walked up stairs millions of times , may never happen again. Know this sounds strange but it's a way of turning your negative thoughts to positive. Know it's hard. Glad you've had tests. See doc again if you need reasuring. Talking here reasured you people know how you feel.??

• Posted

Edwina,

Thanks for the reply my doctor wishes they would of done a CT on my head and neck but said If the pain doesn't go away to come in as he'll do one I'm slowly getting better

• Posted

Hi Winnie, I used to deal with injury claims as a job and things like whiplash often manifest themselves a couple of days after the event.

You are experiencing now a mild form of ptsd which if you continue to travel in a car and accept a bit of initial anxiety then it will soon go.

You will be okay.

NeilĀ 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.