Anxiety

Posted , 10 users are following.

I suffer from GAD but it has ramped up I the last couple of years. Does anyone else feel like this?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi, yes most definitely. Im always anxious but I can suddenly feel terrified for no reason. Alot of the time I wake up terrified in the middle of the night.
    • Posted

Hi Jackie, well known symptom I get this sometimes awful to wake up like this,along with other Adreline sensations,this morning I could feel my chest hurting me just coughing Anixety rearing its ugly head you don't need it at night when you trying to sleep.

• Posted

Hi Jackie, well known symptom I get this sometimes awful to wake up like this,along with other Adreline sensations,this morning I could feel my chest hurting me just coughing Anixety rearing its ugly head you don't need it at night when you trying to sleep.

• Posted

Hi Alison, I am certain that you will get a load of replies to this. Yes you most certainly can get bad anxiety with the menopause. My panic attacks got so bad I couldn't even leave the house. My heart was pounding so badly, you could actually see my left breast pounding, I thought I was dying from a heart attack it was so bad. My partner called an ambulance to me twice the chest pain and palpatations got so extreme, but they gave me a clean bill of health each time. Now I'm on HRT these attacks have diminished considerably. Hope this puts your mind at rest and if things get really bad like I was, maybe you need to consider HRT. KEEP WATCHING THIS FORUM. You are not alone there are loads of us on here all keeping in touch and supporting eachother as we have all had similar symptoms. Keep smiling if you can lots of love x.

• Posted

Hi ladies, I'm so new to all these symptoms. What does your anxiety feel like? I had 1 anxiety attack last year. What I feel is a general uneasy, disturbed feeling. Sometimes at night my heart will be beating fasting for no reason when I wake up. And when i finally do wake up I get these strange chills. I get them through the day sometimes too. It's all hit And miss. I also get weepy and have mood swings with it. I get so discouraged when the symptoms hit. I lose motivation to do the things I love to do. Some months are worse than others. I had a break from the anxiety for a few cycles. I don't think I ovulated last month and now the anxiety is back. I get it from the end of my period up to mid cycle worse. Can u describe your anxiety?

• Posted

Hi Tina, yes mine pound at night so hard and when I go out it's frightening I use to get my shopping quick and out..going to the dr and waiting and if they don't call me a certain time I will panic but I force myself to wait..a few weeks ago it calm down on its own not much pounding so now I feel little relax outside but it's still racing but at least the pounding subside a bit.

• Posted

I have had Ansiety on and off thru my adult life due to toxic parents (my father) and and ex husband  but in the last few years I have health ansiety since I turned 45 yrs now I’m 48 .  Sometimes i take a deep breath and try to relax . It is bad and I try not to get out of hand. 
    • Posted

My anxiety has been off and on for 20 years since my mom passed. I can go years without it. But I’m 51 and only 1 cycle in the last 5 months. I go to a ND and they load me up with high doses of vitamins which aren’t workingrolleyes I think I’m going to get back on Zoloft because I just can’t take much more. I did help me last time and really no side effects.  Also my husband and I are moving to Hermosa Beach and leaving my 3 beautiful children behind sad
    • Posted

That’s must be hard moving and leave the kids even though they are grown.  I took Zoloft and put me in a dark place and I take Ativan when I need it but since I turned 45 my health ansiety is raising and when I get it bad I lose bodily functions and is not fun at all so I try not to get to me.  
  • Posted

I never had GAD but definitely got it during the last two years. 
  • Posted

Hi- so sorry you’re dealing with this..it was my first and by far the worst symptom I’ve had. It started over a year ago in terms of me realizing it was related to perimenopause (when I was 45) and so many other awful annoying symptoms have been coming and going since..i try to walk, stay hydrated and remind myself to take care of myself..I have bad and good days..keep in touch and know we are here! That’s been the biggest help, just not being made to feel crazy and alone, since we all support each other here! 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.