Anxiety

Posted , 10 users are following.

does anyone else suffer health anxiety that is worse just as period finishes. I feel awful tonight had jaw pain and toothache yesterday now it's just my jaw and due to anxiety I've convinced myself it's heart related. my anxiety always throws up the same thing heart issues. I'm so fed up of it

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes! I still have that a little now but when my perimenopause first started I was out of my mind with anxiety and heart palpitations. I just kept telling myself it's all hormonal Lee related and would take deep breaths and eventually calmed down. Telling myself and it's hormonal and taking Paxil daily I can actually function now

• Posted

I'm peri and 48 last p was march 16 ... my nightmare started last march and by June I missed my first p I have had one ever since early , late , one day , 2 days , 4 days spotting dark or red . No consistency at all . But the anxiety and palpitations and skipped beats are driving me insane . Had every test . And told my heart is fine the are just Palps and pvc - they have me on atenolol , klonipin and Ativan as needed as well as now trying a new antidepressant. This is my first missed p since last June . Today was a horrible day of flutters . So cardio says up the atenolol to morning and night . I feel like I'm going crazy . Will it ever stop and I go back to being ok 

• Posted

I don’t know, because my period will never end! Arghhhh

But yes, I always feel worse right after and then usually better around ovulation time and during my period. Although this time during my never ending period all my funky symptoms are returning. When I finally fell asleep last night I woke up with a brain zap thing and then I felt the anxiety. I got up and ate a banana which helped. But man my joints and muscles ache and my feet are on fire. So tired of all this and to top it off I got told by a so called friend how much I disappoint everyone because I say I’m going to do something and then cancel. But people just don’t understand how it feels. Guess I will lose friendships but I’m probably better on my own anyway. 

• Posted

Hi Vicky.  I have health anxiety as well, and all these symptoms are really hard to handle.
  • Posted

Omg I feel exactly the same!  I went to doc cos I thought I was having a heart attack-it was nt. But the anxiety is horrid. I never feel great if I m honest. You are not alone. 
  • Posted

Bless you..know how how you feel..I developed health anxiety last year and I’m nine yrs post meno...had the jaw pain etc..was up a and e all the time..had four ambulances out to my house..drs and nurses were absolutely brilliant with me...my dr sent me for blood tests 24 hr holster for my heart an echocardiogram..24hr urine test.and all was well...the constant reassurance helped me a lot...the body is goin thru massive changes..cos I was 42 when my periods stopped I was told my symptoms could come and go for ten years after....never had any symptoms in perimenopause at all...about a yr after mine stopped they developed....
  • Posted

Thanks for your post, the timing couldn't be more perfect. I just ended my period and feel EXACTLY like you. I felt the jaw/tooth pain and thought heart 😯.. My doctors have assured me on SEVERAL occasions my heart is fine. This anxiety is so scary. Hugs to you, hopefully it will ease up soon 💜

• Posted

it's horrible!! my jaw is still sore today that's 3 days. Hope you feel better soon xx

• Posted

Bless ya...ithink we have all experienced this..no one prepares you for menopause...I had lots of ectopic palpatations at 42 when my periods stopped..they have never really gone away and I’m 51 now..jus had arecent bout last six was and have had every test goin..echocardiogramm picked up mild mitral valve regurgitation which I was told is very common and not to worry about..which caused me to worry had a few sleepless nites I can tell ya....I still worry a bit but know I shouldn’t..health anxiety sucks..every little niggle I think it’s the valve..it’s so hard not to think about..it’s our minds x should be explained more so we are prepared for the changes
  • Posted

I’m 48 and Omg I’m feeling the same way this week is the week of ovulation and since Monday my BP is high and I have shoulder pain, jaw and my heart feel is been squeezed so Tuesday my BP was 165/125 and I freak out so I went to the Er and by the time I got there the BP went down and EKG amd blood work was done EVERYTHING WAS NORMAL! !!! No stroke signs or blood clots . Now today Base on my calculations is my ovulation day and all day was fine until a few hours again BP a little high, a little weird headache on the back and neck tension. I hate to go to the ER for the past 3 yrs all test been normal , heart monitor, they even did a angiogram for the heart and was normal no blockage or not signs of nothing,  cholesterol all normal , no smoker not drinker and active . Has anyone had similar occurrences. I’m here crying my eyes out my husband is out to sea and all my myself w my 11 yr old. Sick of these and afraid of dying ifff . And I know is peri but darn it is scary . 
    • Posted

I know how scary it is. My husband travels and my kids are grown and living out of state. I’ve driven myself to the ER plenty of times convinced I was having a heart attack. Had all the tests too. 

All normal. 

So  now I just chalk it up to hormones and it does go away. If I ever do have anything serious I guess I won’t take it seriously anymore. 

• Posted

Agree but my blood pressure goes up And just go down is so scary.  So many visits to the ER and all test normal . 
    • Posted

Is it possible your machine isn’t registering correctly? Mayhe your bp isn’t going up?
    • Posted

Yes maybe because when I switch arm it is a big difference 
    • Posted

I used to take my bp several times a day and was so worried because it would seem to go up and down and my heart rate was always over 99. I think this just fueled the anxiety or the other way around.

You’ve been told your bp is ok. And your heart is ok. My advice would be to stop checking it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.