Anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone hope all ok.

Been back to doctors again this morning to discuss my reoccurring anxiety. She has now changed my medication to sertraline. Been on citalopram for yrs.

Bit scared to change for fear of it making me worse read some bad reviews. Is anyone else on this one.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

We are all different Kimbo, what suits one will not suit another.

It will take several weeks before you will know how this medication works for you

Stop worrying, I changed a medication three days before going on holiday the change has worked well for me

BOB

• Posted

yeah im on sertraline now. they switched me over from fluoxitine 3 months ago.
    • Posted

HI can you tell me how you got on on prozac, and what mg you was on, I am week 9, 10mg still have anxiety not sure if to updose, what brand was you on , thanks
    • Posted

hi susan i was put on fluoxitine ( prozac) a few years back for health anxiety and i started a 20mg but was increased over time a lot higher. it never seemed to work with me. i went to see a different doctor who told me it was the wrong medication for my condition as fluoxitine is more aimed at depression. the only side effects i ever had with prozac was sleepiness and a lot of yawning. i will imagine with you it will be increased as 10mg is a pretty low dose.

i think your doctor may increase to 20mg to see how you go on that dose. everyone is different so what hasnt worked for me might work for you. i have been switched to sertraline and im starting to make a bit of progress on this medicine

• Posted

Hello ? 

It depends on the person for me it worked well after i was adjusted to it it takes a good 6months to really feel ok but side effects are horriable ;(  but just kkow this medication when it’s in ur system and working it makes you feel better i felt better after 100mg  and i had no symptoms of anything after . Good luck !

• Posted

Hi kimbo like you i have been on citalopram for years but after a panic attack and an increase in cit found it not working My anxiety was so bad that i couldnt move where i was so rigid with fear.Just over 2 weeks ago i switched to sertraline 50mg and on the first day i felt a subtle difference with my anxiety.The only side effect was on day 1 nausea and day 5 fast heartbeat of 120 when relaxed but it soon went back to normal and been ok since so all good best wishes jeff
    • Posted

Thanks Jeffrey.

Maybe I was on citalopram too long. See how I go.

• Posted

Kimbo

I have been on Citalopram for over ten years, I find they work for me. I have not had any side effects since being put on them

Medications can affect other differently, that is the problem and sometimes we have to work with the list to find something that we can live with.

We are all different

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.