Anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have heart pains numbness thruout the arms and legs burning in the arms tingling all over shortness of breath i get it randomly even when im not anxious im constantly worried and on the edge my back always hurts and my chest ive had multiple bloods test ekgs an ecgs my heart is fine but i cant believe it because of the everyday 24/7 pains i get im going crazy 😞😞 is it really the anxiety doing this

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I honestly can’t say as I don’t know you and I am no expert. 

If you have had yourself checked out then I’d say yes it is anxiety unfortunately . 

Have you had any therapies yet? 

• Posted

Are you hyperventilating? Take some deep breaths and relax, or breath in a bag, not too long. if doctors have checked your symptoms and said that you are ok, anxiety and worry can mimic other symptoms. They are psychosomatic, initiating in the mind, but affecting your breathing and nerves which can mimic physical symptoms. I have suffered from anxiety for years and have had many different psychosomatic symptoms. Of course none of us is immune to real physical problems, but hypochondria is a form of anxiety, focusing on symptoms. Nerves can makes us feel terrible. No one ever feels 100% all the time, but some are more sensitive. I still work my way into feeling bad, but am amazed how soon I forget when my mind is distracted. If you have seen doctors, take their advice. I was told years ago that it was nerves, it took me awhile to realize this, I started reading about anxiety and all the symptoms. If I am depressed or upset about something that is definitely not related to my body, then I realize that it is anxiety/depression. Our mind,body, environment are all related. 
  • Posted

Hi,

I have suffered from panic/anxiety for over 28 years and what I have learnt is it can mimic everything, like people have said to you already here, however, I have found that panic/anxiety is always uncomfortable but never causes pain, you interpret the heart flutter as "ohh my god I'm going to have a heart attack" flutters, palpitations aren't painful in a non diseased heart, your nerves are so sensitised and you have allowed your way of  thinking to bring on these natural thoughts, people experience head ache pain simply because stress can induce headaches, same as upset bellies, dirrahoea, vomiting even flatulence , as you know it can cause many other symptoms, if you have been completely checked out and everything has come back negative for anything you will have to accept it as anxiety, even after a second opinion. Chest pain can be tricky and needs to be fully investigated, how old are you ? what is the pattern of your chest pain, I mean is it continuous , comes at certain times, resting or after exertion, same with your breathlessness what's that pattern, always with chest pain or can come on alone ? There are lots of test that can be done to see what your heart is up to, ECG's  are the first line of picking something up, but sometimes they don't always, as in my case. doctors never say anxiety anymore with me, how ever stress can trigger off my angina, there are a couple of types of angina that doctors cannot easily diagnose.

Try relaxation techniques, breathing exercises, even gentle body exercises, in fact anything that will distract your mind from your body, practise makes perfect, I know it's hard but it does work and pays off in the end

• Posted

I was also meant to say, everyone feels heart flutters or palpitations, even the fittest of people, it doesn't worry them because their bodies aren't sensitised like yours and they can just brush it off.

• Posted

Im 23 an it comes and goes randomly the chest an heart pain 
    • Posted

Not always but as a rule of thumb, typical chest pain caused by the heart is felt generally on the left side, even up into the jaw  and also give off indigestion symptoms, As I said it doesn't always happen that way but generally does. It does come a bit of a concern to doctors with chest pain patients of tingling going down the arms, more so the left, but once again doesn't always have to be. have a look around these forums and compare symptoms with unstable angina or coronary artery spasms, see if that is similar to what you are experiencing, most likely not but not impossible, I was young when I was diagnosed.

• Posted

Hi,

Coronary artery spasms are where your major coronary arteries go into spasms, even the small blood vessels in and around in your heart can be included in this, very hard to diagnose, it cause exact same pain as angina, people with healthy coronary arteries can get this debilitating disorder, they won't find anything abnormal with your heart with any test, one exception is an angiogram with a provocative agent to see if your arteries are prone to spasms, although some countries don't perform this testing procedure due to some high dangers in this testing procedure, ECG's will not always if at all show spasms regardless of what earlier studies suggest, sure sometimes they can catch it and there are ST elevations but they don't conclusively use this as a diagnostic value. Do a search on here for prinzmetal angina, you will get to read what many people have experienced and how they were diagnosed.

Generally, No indigestion doesn't cause jaw pain, but nothing is impossible or out of the question, also look up esophageal spasms, that also gives off chest pain and mimics angina pain.

• Posted

Hi dalonte, Ive posted a few times on the same things as you. Yep im like you. Within 20 mins of waking up wham i too have all these pains and feelings every day all day since january of this yr. Ive had tests, xrays, bloods, ecgs, scans you name it and all is fine. My doctor has put it down to my anxiety and ibs. I too dont feel anxious some days but the feelins are still there. For me its the shortness of breath, drives me crazy, worry like mad over it. All i want to do is sleep and i can sleep all day as soon as my little 1 goes to school and im still tired. Its like living in a nightmare, i just want the fun outgoing loving person i once was back xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.