Anxiety about being depressed

Posted , 5 users are following.

It's been 8 weeks since anxiety kicked in and I knew my depression was returning, started on citalopram and did feel some difference but hav since moved over to sertraline last week. I feel like I'm stuck in this never ending cycle that the anxiety is keeping the depression going and yet I can't stop feeling anxious it's awful. I don't know wot to do I'm totally lost don't know how to fight bck ne more completely exhausted and emotionally drained. Wot if I can never fight this feeling and I'm stuck like this or I get worse please anyone do u have any helpful words. Thanx 

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

I suffer with anxiety and panics but don't believe I am depressed.

i fear that I will live with anxiety forever because I have had it on and off for a very long time.

my anxiety is about my health and I am always convinced something is wrong with me and it's never something simple it's always serious.

i have now decided to seek help with therapy and medication.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Philis,

Anxiety/depression,both have severe effects,both are on the very top of the family tree regarding mental and physical wellbeing,side by side.

It annoys me when professionals classify you as depressed or anxious,in my opinion one often leads to another,but there again textbook theories do not always work out in black and white there is often grey in between.

I have suffered from both for the best part of 55yrs,since I was 9 when I was long-term abused,and when certain other events in my family life kicked off,my mum being a clinically depressed alcoholic,so I know a little about anxiety/depression etc and all the symptoms that come along with it,yours being a classic example.

My advice,stick with it,hang in there,use therapy,it may help(but it didn't me),citalopram is fine but you may need something stronger temporarily,your doctor will surely help you with that,and lastly don't try to fight it.learn to accept it and let it do its worst,that way the sting will be taken out. Be strong and don't let it get the better of you,and don't be ashamed by it,it is a debilitating thing,I have battled for years off and on and although I have won a battle or two,I have not won the war.

You take good care and if things worsen(and they might) get back to your doctor ASAP.

Regards Malc

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you my counsellor said that my general health anxiety has now developed into mental health anxiety. I know this is true but don't know how to stop worrying about it and start moving forward to b well. 
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up