Anxiety advice.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello fellow Anxiety buddies!! Yes i feel silly writing this but i find this website has helped me alot so i waned to give a little something back.

Im 22 years old and have suffered to what became extreme anxiety for 2 years. I am petrified of being sick and fainting to the point where my daily life is a struggle incase either of these 2 things happen. 

I take 10mg of amyrtiptayline and am having weekly sessions with a life coach. I am slowly but surley feeling better. I still have my moments and i dont plan on taking tablets for a long period of time. Its important to know you are not alone. If  you feel yourself beginging to panic get some air, take a deep breath and count to 10. NEVER research your symptoms on google as i have and do this myself. What you are experiencing is anxiety. Anxiety can produce physical symptoms that feel like you are ill.

Girls your anxiety is hightened when your due on your monthy cycle so bare this is mind!

IBS sufferers peppermint tablets are the bomb, they are natural and i swear by them whenever im feeling funny they help me so much.

Also to all of you alcohol causes anxiety also so if you drink to block out what you are feeling you are making yourself worse. 

I only drink on special occasions as the next day after a night on the town i find i am very anxious.

KEEP Working. If youve quit your job, get back on that horse and get a job, you are able to work you just need to push yourself forwards or you will end up in a rut at home with no life and your anxiety will get worse.

Exersise is also Key. It releases endorphins which make you happy and as you no keeping fit keeps you healthy.

Do not tell people you have anxiety. Dont brand yourself as an anxious person as you will never break away from it. If people ask you how you are feeling tell them your great even if you are not. But it is important to talk about how you are feeling if you are overwhelmed. But those intrusive thoughts rememember are just thoughts not feelings and not actually real! You are not alone and asking for help does not make you weak. It makes you strong, overcoming anxiety is the hardest thing in life. Give yourself some credit as you are strong. 

Hope this helps.

4 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Great advice Beth. Currently pushing through thjngs my self. Very up and down but feel it's the negative thoughts that's causing my constant anxitey.they are non stop and annoying. Been doing cbt stuff online to hekp try change how i think. Apparently it's important to actually belive in side you are ok, I'm struggling to do this too. But slowly getting there. I have to keep my mind occupied all the time as eat and drink plenty too. Pmt sends my anxity through the roof most months too. I try eat good and try even litre bits of exercise. Slowly learning these things are apart of being a women ha and lots suffer with it. Some days I have to push harder then others and I don't even feel the person I used to bE. But i know anxity makes you feel this way. Anyway good positive advice keep it up :-)

Shez

• Posted

Thank you Shez. Yes i still have those intrusive thoughts which causes the anxiety but i am slowly learing they are not real. 

We will all get to were we want to be in the end! smile

• Posted

Great advice Beth. Currently pushing through thjngs my self. Very up and down but feel it's the negative thoughts that's causing my constant anxitey.they are non stop and annoying. Been doing cbt stuff online to hekp try change how i think. Apparently it's important to actually belive in side you are ok, I'm struggling to do this too. But slowly getting there. I have to keep my mind occupied all the time as eat and drink plenty too. Pmt sends my anxity through the roof most months too. I try eat good and try even litre bits of exercise. Slowly learning these things are apart of being a women ha and lots suffer with it. Some days I have to push harder then others and I don't even feel the person I used to bE. But i know anxity makes you feel this way. Anyway good positive advice keep it up :-)

Shez

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.