anxiety advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all 

after a good few weeks I have played 2 football games this weekend and really put my body through it since I got home my anxiety levels are really up can feel a panic attack coming! can putting my body through it make me anxious I thought excise helps anxiety

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety can be worse when tired and if you've played football then you are probably tired. Exercise does help anxiety. Find something to distract yourself and don't overthink. 

• Posted

Thank you for your kind advice am now just about to watch football haha
    • Posted

Sounds like a good plan :-) my anxiety has been ok as I've been out doing things and then when I was coming home, I started to get really down. I think my anxiety is heading into depression :-( I just don't feel like doing anything at all. I've taken my own advice and I'm chilling out in front of a programme :-) 
  • Posted

It is your mind that causes anxiety. Physical exercise helps relieve tension and worries. Try not to dwell on it too much or it will get worse.

Richard

• Posted

Try not to do strenuous excercises like football, basketball an heavy weight training, if you have anxiety it makes your heart beat fast and therefore ends up in a panic attack. So try to light and yoga excercises instead. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.